1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Dust Buster

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by Euro_Driver, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Euro_Driver

Euro_Driver Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

As some of you may know, i have the trail truck that i built and runs amazing, Some may have heard that I decided to go for it and get an On Road Car.
    It was a task to find someone that wants to trade me a roller for the wheels i had laying around. I found a gentleman that was wanting to trade 2 RC On Road cars for a set of SC wheels. Now this next part may scare you...... i found him on craigslist!! The gentle man was nice and decided to trade me my Netbook and my SC wheels and tires for 2 RC Rollers w/o Electronics. The day i picked them up they looked like this.

[​IMG]

The Far one is an HPI Sprint 2(i think)
    The closer one is My car, Team Associated TC3 Electronic.

I decided to challenge my father to a build off!

I gave my father the HPI Sprint 2, I took the TC3.

The Day after i got the car i decided to Tear it apart to find many things wrong with the car.
    I found that the shocks that came on the car were stripped and that the one shock was so old and decrepit that it was stiff as a rock. I ended up salvaging the Springs from them and plan on using them later on. When looking at the car i looked at the steering linkage and said this wont work with the plans that i have for this car. So i ditched the the crappy worn out plastic. Next i took every bolt, nut, and screw out of the car and spread the car parts out on the working area(AKA My Desk/ Workbench in the basent).
    As i was going through all of the parts i had a bad Ball bearing(Teflon) literally fall apart onto the floor and there were balls everywhere!( Go Ahead Make The Joke).
    All of the pieces got a good wash and some made it back together and i have decided to take my challenge with my father and DESTROY IT!

Challenge: Take the Roller and use minimum amount of money to make it run, Use a Brushed Motor and Race.

So as you read this i have things on their way here to my house and still have parts to order! This is how the car is looking and i will keep you updated on this project.

[​IMG]

P.S.- Yes that is a Disk From inside a Hard Drive! I use it as a Coaster!

2. That_One_Guy

That_One_Guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice can't wait to see who wins!

3. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

A little bit of an update, I know it has been a while since i have been on the forum, I have been busy with school.

I am in a waiting game with china. I ordered parts for my car from Asiatees fantastic prices for hat I got compared to the states. I have ordered items from in the states and 2 have shown up I am waiting on another 2 packages+ the china package. Once I get them all a massive update will be in order until then!

4. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

Finally the package is in the states, there will be a build within the next couple weeks! To anyone that is looking give me ideas on bodies!

5. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I sold my TC3 a few months back. I wish I would have kept it....I miss it already.

6. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm keen!!! looks like a lot of fun is heaping your way dude!!!!!!!:yuush:

7. scxrunner

scxrunner Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Im ready to see how these turn out!

8. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

Alright.... It's been a while since i have done anything.... i have been busy with school and now working two jobs.... But there was progress...

I finally got that package from japan probably about 3-4 months ago.
    [​IMG]

In the package from asiatees's....
    -2x 2shocks and springs.
    -Bearing Kit for TC3
    -Aluminum Steering Linkage for TC3
    -with a Free Lighting Kit as well.

I also purchased
    -Servo Mount for TC3
    -Set of 4 Race Rubbers with Tires.
    -3 Sets of 4 Drift Tires
    -Set of 2 Aluminum Dog Bones.

Started getting Things on the car...

[​IMG]

Steering Linkage..

[​IMG]

Oh By the way remember how i said that it was a battle about brushed motors only....yeah.....

I retro fitted a Titan 12T motor into it with a 35T pinon and it fly's.

[​IMG]

In the end i do have a body picked out and i do have a design in mind but i am not going to tell you what it is yet.

9. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

It is Finished..... Pictures and Video's... dont make fun of the videos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the body is not finished yet but i have lights and tinting to do left on it.
    I will post the video later this week so stay tuned.

10. Fatalmaya92

Fatalmaya92 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

pretty sick!! i did something similar with a friend but he backed out, suggested we do slash's instead (conveniently after mine was done...
    -_-) so i sold mine and got a slash, but here it was before i sold it.

[​IMG]

11. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Where is the video???

Dean

12. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

the video is slowly being uploaded to youtube...

I am also gettign fed up with the car now because the steering wont fully articulate through from left to right without making a couple clicks, i took it apart to find that the steering linkage has destroyed the little plastic pieces that guide the mount from left to right.... plus i JB welded the aluminum steering rack because it was coming loose.

13. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

Fixed the steering, figured i grabbed two washers and then four really small bearings that i got in the bearing kit and then screwed it down and viola, fixed, but while replacing that i found a stripped servo.... so time for a metal one.... youtube is still taking forever

14. Swede

Swede Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks good but isn't the motor in a weird angle?? Or is it just the picture that's fooling me?

15. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

the motor WAS at a wierd angle... I fixed it since that photo and added a Plexi glass piece behind it and a bigger Pinon to fill the space along with a strap to make sure it doesnt fly around.

16. Euro_Driver

ELiTE MEMBER

Finally finished this project, Dont hate the video it is my first ever... little long with a bit of drifting.

[video=youtube;tFJBs40dQfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJBs40dQfc&feature=youtu.be[/video]