1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Nemesis (The Ultimate Wraith)

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by Darki228, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Darki228

Darki228 New Member

Hello everyone! I am starting this awesome project, and I want to share with you my progress with it. I am going to build the Axial Wraith, but not just the ordinary Wraith. The whole roll-cage will be made of steel with alloy shafts, shocks, links and axles. And instead of plastic body it will have true carbon fiber body parts.. It will probably have the Tekin FX-R Pro ESC and Tekin 55T pro motor powered by MaxAmps 6500 LiPol batteries. The controller and the receiver would be original Axial delivered with RTR Wraith. I am not decided yet what servo will I use, so I will update this information later. Right now I am contacting the suppliers and e-shops and I hope I start building it by the end of September. Looking forward your comments. Michal

2. sickinger

sickinger Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Cant wait to see this one buddy sounds awesome

3. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

4. Darki228

Darki228 New Member

This is what I would like to my Wraith be.. slow scale expedition trail crawler, fast enough to walk with it in forest, but powerful enough to get over any obstacle.. no speeding wheels burning rubber on rocks while trying to climb up, slowly climb up with torque on sticky tires.. what would you recommend?[video=youtube;iIJzQY2lyPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJzQY2lyPw[/video]

5. Brandonclowe

Brandonclowe New Member

tekin 17.5 sensenord brushless motor

6. sickinger

sickinger Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Me personally I would go with the tekin fxr 35t combo set I put one in my wraith and I love it. It has the torque to pull and climb anything you want it do the drag brake is awesome on it to I only have it set to half power stops my rig quick and hold on steep inclines. It gives you just the right amount of speed I can keep up with mine if I am walking pretty quick. I like it because it has lots of torque and wheel speed when you do need it. Ask for tires I am running the rc4wd 2.2 rock crushers I cut the foams and the work great for me and the rocks I crawl on. Hope this helps

7. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

For a crawling I would recommend a holmes hobbies crawlmaster combo. Probably a 20t or 16t (these are 3slot armature so they are comparable to 35t and 45t normal motors). These are known for there smooth startup and application of power.
    You can't go wrong with the tekin fxr. However I would put the holmes hobbies motors above the tekin motors.

For tires the hot bodies rover in white dot is one of the best. Get a nice narrow rim and a good crawler innovations foam and you'll be hard to beat. The pitbull rockbeast is a great scale tire that works really good on the rocks.

Make sure you get a bigger spur and smaller pinion so you have even better slow speed control.

8. X_296

X_296 New Member

This sounds like it's gonna be sick. I'm definitely gonna be following this one.

9. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would love to see a photo or 2. Sounds like it will pretty awesome when its done. Thats why I put in a 55t motor in mine. I wanted mad torque and it paid off. I can drive it stright at the stairs and up she goes without problems. I'm still adding some upgrades when I have the money for it, but she's a fun BEAST. Can't wait to see yours. The Wraith has got to be my favorite rc rig.

10. Darki228

Darki228 New Member

So, I started Face Book Page.. I apologize for the delay, but it will probably be not only this one Wraith, but I will start my own business by building ultimate off-road rc cars.. I spend last 2 months writing business plan and negotiating with investors and partners, and I would like to start it with the new year.. First project will be this ultimate Wraith, and then I would like to start building my own RC model.. but first things first :D the FB page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nemesis-RC/572440736160437?hc_location=stream

#10 Darki228, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  11. JAYDEN1999

JAYDEN1999 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would try a 45 turn motor as I have a 55 turn in my night crawler and it is just too slow to walk with

Hope this helped

12. Darki228

Darki228 New Member

Guys, great news.. I know I have not been in here for a while, but this is just awesome, I gotta share it with you... Its not officialy confirmed yet, but I probably got an investor. I have to do some small stuff before signing any papers, but it looks like I will be starting building and selling my own RC off road cars this summer..cant talk about it very much right now, but as soon as I could say anything more, you will be the first who will knew that :)