1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "TERRACUDA"

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by 70hemicuda, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Vandekieft77

Vandekieft77 New Member

2. 70hemicuda

70hemicuda Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok so as this is my first build I knew I would make mistakes. I have messed up the body to a point i cant fix it........ so next week I will get the new body and will have it done by monday.

3. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

well I got some liquid electrical tape to water proof my FXR.....I had cut it off the buttons because I couldn't programe after it was on it. Got the 35T installed as well. I will have a new thread up later with maybe a vid. I going to take the wraith, slash, and my new boat out later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CrawlinDuck

CrawlinDuck Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have alwaysed loved the Cuda's my first car was a 68 fastback. Can't wait to see this build.

70hemicuda likes this.
  5. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

I would kill for one. But Im not gonna be getting one if the prices stay where they are. lol. Don't hold your breath on this build. #1 my bodies are back ordered #2 I have NEVER done this kinda thing before. I am just hoping it turns out ok!!!

CrawlinDuck likes this.
  6. moparcop

moparcop Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Watching this one for sure! Mopar or No Car. Love the idea of an E-Body crawler

7. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

who makes the body you are using?

8. CrawlinDuck

CrawlinDuck Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey I was looking on Stormer Hobbies and they have the HPI, Mc Allister and a Parma Cuda Body all 3 in stock.
    Shop by Category

Might want to try these.

9. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for heads up Duck! I will grab 2 of them come thrusday. Also just ordered the axial alu links for like $22 and free shipping. was gonna go vanquish Ti links, but I can get stainless steel at work and might try to make my own soon. Just get these for now. also I sprayed the over the stock body panels to get an idea of what the paint will look like. its a BRIGHT red with a metalic gunmetal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#29 70hemicuda, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  10. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

11. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    if you want to lower the ride height i suggest using rubber tube inside your shock bodies on the shaft to limit how far the shocks can extend. works well and you can still keep your hood low. and its its a free mod if you have a fish tank with an air hose :) just decide how far you want it dropped and make 4 pieces that size. you can even manage it without needing to refill the oil in the shocks if you just keep the hole the shaft goes thru plugged, and the shock body from tipping. even if you loose a little that rubber hose will take up quite a bit of space in there. making it overflow when you put it back together. for a perfect fit compress the shock all the way as you put the cap back on.

hack/mod FTW

#31 00whynot, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

would that not limit my shock travel? I dont know that I under stand what you mean. lol. On the other hand my Junfac 103mm piggyback shocks will be here tomorrow and the links, rims and wheels will be here thrusday!!!

13. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yea it will cut the travel but if your running it lower and close to the body your gonna need to limit it anyways so you don't tear up the body. But totaly up to you.
    thats the beauty with custom rc mods :)

14. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

anybody have a wraith with the links used on the back upper for the fastback look? I need to see a shot of how thats done. I am playing with my wraith every day but after i got the g-made piggybacks on last night I took the springs off, even with the pressure as low as i could get it it was WAY to sprung. I hope to get that worked out today. I know this yet to be a CUDA build but im broke and cant get the new bodys till next week. BIG updates after that lol!!!

15. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    if its the shocks still holding you up you have to much oil in them.

16. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

yah i got alot to do this week end. I have to rebuild my shocks as you were right, way to much oil. Also i just opened my new tires and i will have to star cut them. as i have never done it and the LHS dose not carry this size foam im going to take my time on it. I have picked the HPI savage cuda body. It is a a bit longer and narrower then the 200mm body, however it is a little cartoonish. It will fit the wraith a bit better. They will be here moday or tues. Thank you for being so helpfull guys. I was going to give it up after i ruined the first body but now its getting done!!!

#36 70hemicuda, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  17. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

UPDATE!!!
    So the savage body came in and i started work. I had already put the RC4WD 2.2 humvee rims and M/T baja claws mounted along with getting the Junfac 103mm piggybacks. Now comes the CUDA side of this build. I am just getting started but I like the way this is looking so far.

Here is the rims and tires.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shocks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first cuts to the frame.
    [​IMG]
    and how the body will sit on the frame. I still have to trim the hood. Also I will need to work out how it will mount to the frame, ie velcro, screws or something. the hood will be hinged with scale hood pins on the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#37 70hemicuda, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  18. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

EEEEKKK!!!!:XD::haveaniceday::in love::bouaaaaah::want !::X3:
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Swampnut14

Swampnut14 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Epic awesomeness fastbackness looking wraithcuda. Its looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

20. 70hemicuda

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks guys!!!! I will work on the touches when I get home. I might jack the upper links to give it a better fastback look. I dont think that the rear window looks good as it sits. I may have to learn how to use that styren stuff and make myself a bed and box for the back. I am broke thanks to rent so I am not in any rush as i have to get the vanquish chubs!!!!