1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race day pics! WHAT A BLAST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Greenie, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

One of the boys at the Latrobe track is and avid photographer, and snapped some fantastic pics from the other weekend.

though i share some of the ones he took of mine, the rest can be found here....https://plus.google.com/photos/107770318729946481516/albums/5819483751662830273?authkey=CN313PSM4p1s

all lined up for a big days racing!!!!

[​IMG]

now THATS a drivers stand!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCT starts are always hectic!!!! LOL!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i sneak on by like a PRO!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this pic sums up my efforts in the finals.............

[​IMG]

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, look at that back wheel!!!!!!!!!! broke the turn buckle into 3 pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. WeeManWTF

WeeManWTF Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

And this is why I need a SCT. Looks like a blast, my friend:)

3. segersshop

segersshop Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

so awesome !! id say you was giving it hell in the finals.. :high:

4. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

How did you do? Looks like a blast I look forward to getting my slash onto a racetrack next spring/summer!

Sent from my lunch break using Tapatalk 2

5. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

errrrrr.... not too good!!! LOL!!!! I normally race on a multi surface track, tarmac, wood, concrete, artificial grass, carpet, and so on. dont get on the clay that much and it showed. It was a 3 final system that day, 6th in the first, 3rd in the second, and second till i broke in the final final. So i was getting my setup dialled, but had some horrible luck through out the day. broke 3 times and over heated twice, and killed a motor in one of those overheating in the qualifying.
    but, was a BLAST!!!!!!!!
    was racing against clubs from all over the state, was fantastic fun!!!

6. ArmySSG

ArmySSG New Member

Looks awesome I can't wait to get my slash out there for the first time actually racing.. I've got a lot of practicing to do.. Ordered the new STRC chassis, a 54 steel spur and 18 pinion.. Now I just gotta get the Losi ten t shocks and ill b set! Where do u race? When I get good enough ill make a trip lol

Sent from my iPhone4

7. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

mate you'll love it!! it can be an absolute BALL, racing!!! a lot of people do take it VERY seriously, but stay clear of them and enjoy it!!!!
    me and the boys have a blast!!!!!

Down in Tasmania, we are quite lucky. The furthest track is 2 hours away at the other end of the state.

We have one multi surface track here(soon to be here) in Launceston where i live, which I'm race Director of.
    The old venue that our track was in, went under, so we lost our shed, BUT we have found a new one to setup a new track in soon.

To the north, at Latrobe, we have the 8th scale track (where the Photos above are from), which is only a 50 minute, to an hour Drive from Launceston

and to the south, 2 hours drive there is a dedicated model park, that has BOTH a 10ths scale offroad, and purpose built, 10th scale on road track. I'll be there racing in January, I'll do my best to take some good pics of the tracks.

so we're very lucky to have so many dedicated clubs, that all work very hard to maintain these tracks!!!

8. pfleeger2010

pfleeger2010 New Member

There's a just for fun fall/winter series around here one weekend a month. At least 40 guys, gals, and kids come out, race, and have fun. I didn't really intend on doing any racing when I got my Slash, but man, I raced once, and I'm hooked. There are some people (mostly the teenagers) who get WAY to competitive about it, but I don't pay any attention to them and just race and socialize and have fun. Even marshalling can be fun.

9. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

thats the way man!!! it's got nothing to actually do with racing somethings, its just the fun you have being there!!!

some of the BEST race meets i've had, have been ones after or before a point series. noone is really trying that hard, and everyone is just enjoying the track time.

10. ArmySSG

ArmySSG New Member

Colonels classic @Phil Hurd Raceway Savannah, GA

STRC & SSC head to head
    [​IMG]

Magen Truggies Insane!
    [​IMG]
    The pit!!
    [​IMG]
    Ready to roll!
    [​IMG]

Found out today in the first heat I have a long way to go lol.. 42 second fastest time.. The fastest guy 30 flat :-(

11. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

sweet pics dude!!!!!

12. ArmySSG

ArmySSG New Member

More Pics from CWC 13...
    [​IMG]
    Winning!!! :snooty:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Epic Fail :yuush:
    [​IMG]

13. Eagle7812

Eagle7812 New Member

WOW awesome pics i wish we had a track like that with that many people! we have like 6 racers in my class lol again really enjoyed the pics