1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing Season Starts Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by RustyWrench, Apr 5, 2014.

1. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Okay so todays results are in... My sons buggy broke during practice so he ran my daughters truck all day and I ran the back up truck...

My sons times...

Qualifying Average lap 64.687

Heat 1; 71.315 Average, First Place Novice

Heat 2; 68.791Average, First Place Novice

Main; 75.227 Average, First Place Novice. Close to the same average as the first time he run the buggy.

Fastest Lap 47.118 Seconds Now that is a fast lap (Specially for a Brushed Motor)... 45.750 was the fastest lap for the 2wd SC Open (and them guys are running Brushless)

His Main average was so high because this happened on the last jump before the finish line... See picture...

[​IMG]

I had some problems in the Main as well, I ended up over the back fence twice and this happened to me... See picture...

[​IMG]

So now there are two trucks to repair and one buggy before the next race... "YIKES" I guess all them other builds are going to have to wait...LOL... Check out the back tire in the pic... Hmm??? Do you see anything wrong with it??

Dean

#21 RustyWrench, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That's to bad, but now you know what you r doing for the next week LOL sorry I did not make it today.....

3. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It's all good... There is like no racing at Kamikaze for almost a month, but I hear there is a new track opening out in Cloverdale on the Fair Grounds next weekend, so if I can get them all repaired we may go there...

Dean

4. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well just a quick up date... All race vehicles are repaired, tested and ready... The next race day is July 13... [MENTION=11509]Bubba J[/MENTION] Come on out, you can run our back up truck if you want...

There is a Big, did I mention Big event coming up at Kamikaze July 18th, 19th and 20th... There will be loads of racing (Parts Will be Flying Everywhere)... Possible $$$ Prizes, silent auction, Bbq, ect... I will let you all know more when I know... lol...

Dean

#24 RustyWrench, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  5. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Coquitlam Classic

Event Date: Friday Jul 18, 2014
    This is a 3 day event.
    First Class $25.00
    Second Class $15.00
    Each Additional Class $10.00
    Late signup/cutoff is after Wednesday Jul 16, 2014

July 18 Practice Day
    July 19 4 Qualifiers, Ifmar style, 9:30 am sign up cut off
    July 20 1 Qualifier, Triple Mains

Pro Class: 8th scale Electric Buggy $30 sign up, CASH PRIZES!
    Pro Class entry Fees: not combined with other classes

Entrants are welcome to race unlimited amount of classes
    Marshaling is mandatory!

Silent Auction and Concession on site

Registration for trophy consideration ends July 5th.
    Payment taken on site CASH ONLY!

Registration on WhereToRaceRC.com

...Info from the CAMRC web page...

#25 RustyWrench, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  6. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    A quick reminder to any that are interested CAMRC's three day event starts today with open practice... Racing tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday there is a silent auction, door prizes (Not sure if that is for both race days or just for Sunday) Also a last chance qualifier on Sunday. So if you can only race on Sunday come on down, hang in our pit, heck I'll let you run our back up truck if you don't have a SC of your own. [MENTION=11509]Bubba J[/MENTION] There is an RC airport walking distance from the track, the river is right there (loads of trail if you want to bring a trail truck) There is a consession drinks burgers and snacks on site come cheer us on...

Dean

7. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Still raining up at the track, but not raining at my house (ten minutes away) The race is still on at this point. The weather report says it is going to start clearing up in about an hour.

8. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My Sons Times:

Qualifying Average Lap 67.738

Heat 1; 66.090 Average

Fastest Lap; 61.241

My Daughters Times:

Qualifying Average Lap; 57.352

Heat 1; 68.402

Fastest Lap; 45.851 (I don't know how she managed such a fast time)

Due to the weather this morning we were only able to run one qualifier and one heat today... Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

Dean

#28 RustyWrench, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  9. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Racing was rained out... Trophies and Points were based off of yesterday...

First Place Novice/Bag O Chips

[​IMG]

Second Place Novice/Fast Lap 45.851

[​IMG]

2.312 Seconds Separation between them.

Here is a Picture of the Track... Picture was copied from CAMRC's Facebook Page

[​IMG]

Dean

#29 RustyWrench, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  10. dirty_coyle

dirty_coyle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That track looks awesome, my son's new buggy should go pretty good on that :)
    Factory Team RC8be
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RustyWrench likes this.
  11. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Next race is Aug. 10th come on down, I'll even share my tent with ya'll... The track is actually open from dawn to dusk every day... Check this out https://www.facebook.com/groups/662731317151640/

Love the Buggy by the way, I'd really love to see it getting dirty...

Dean

#31 RustyWrench, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  12. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So racing tomorrow at CAMRC Coquitlam. It sounds like there may be a Dash for the Cash at the end of the day. Come on out, support the racing aspect of the hobby, or just hang with us. If you don't have a race vehicle and want to race we will be bringing our back up truck and my daughter will not be there for this race, and she said if anyone wants they can race her truck... So two trucks up for some race action... Or bring you scaler, heli, or plane there are tons of trails near the track and an RC AirPort right there...

Dean

#32 RustyWrench, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  13. dirty_coyle

ELiTE MEMBER

I read about that no marshall dash, sounds like it would have been fun to watch/participate
    I really hope the outlaw guys and the camrc guys get together and work out a schedule on alternate weekends, it would be pretty sweet to have the chance to run every weekend.......... Expensive but fun hahahha

14. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Apparently there have been messages sent from CAMRC to Outlaw RC to try and figure out a schedule that coincides with both clubs... I have no idea what transpired... But you are right they should work together to make the race events more accessible for everyone, maybe even overlap the points system...

Anyway disclaimer time; I am in no way shape or form speaking for CAMRC or Outlaw RC, what ever transpired between them is beyond my knowledge base and to be honest I don't really want to know...

I do know the Vandalism at CAMRC is getting annoying every time we go to race our Loop Wire has been cut, it is obvious that whom ever is doing this has knowledge of racing, where the loop is buried, and the inconvenience that it causes the club... Disclaimer again; I am not pointing fingers at anyone or laying blame, just making a statement about the club...

Dean

15. dirty_coyle

ELiTE MEMBER

Wow vandalism, that's really sad and must be a real pain the do repairs on each time.
    Combined points series would be awesome, with the season opener and finale being swapped each season.
    According to Google maps, I live in the middle between the 2 tracks, 29min drive to Camrc and 27min drive to Outlaw rc so I am chomping at the bit to run both tracks and I hear that camrc is more suited for 1/8 scale

16. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So my daughter was sick this weekend and did not race so I took her place...

Results as follows...

My son, Second Place overall...

Qualifying Average Lap 65.489

Heat 1; 75.901 Average

Heat 2; 70.640

Main; 71.970

Fastest Lap; 61.907

My Times... Last Place overall...

Qualifying Average Lap 77.754

Heat 1; 67.756 DNF

Heat 2; 64.534 DNF

Main; 85.813

Fastest Lap; 59.580

I over heated my daughters motor in Qualifying. I did a gear change for Heat 1 and she still over heated Hit thermal shut down DNF. I changed the gearing again for Heat 2 this time I cooked the motor completely. I scrambled to do a motor/ESC swap for the main, dropped the Tx and broke the antenna the truck kept loosing signal but I did finish the race...

Dean

#36 RustyWrench, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  17. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Actually it is well designed for both 1/10 and 8th there are guys making quads and quints on the back fives in 8th scale where the 1/10 guys are making doubles and triples. I find the biggest difference is the jump leading up to the table top 8th scale land on the down slope of the table where the 1/10 scale land on the top of the table... I think overall the current track design has a good flow to it... The track does need some repairs and there will be a work party before the next event... By the way next race day is Aug. 24th...

Dean

18. dirty_coyle

ELiTE MEMBER

Way to go dad..... Cooks the motor in a proven winner hahahha that's awesome :)

19. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Had a bad day at the track nothing but problem after problem... I don't much feel like talking about it... So to make a long story short. I have decided to bump my boy up to Brushless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxTTJtN0ptE

Dean

#39 RustyWrench, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The Season is Over so I'm not going to bore you all with Lap Times and Stats...

[​IMG]

4th Place Novice

[​IMG]

3rd Place Novice

[​IMG]

1st Place Novice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dean