1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing the Losi XXX SCB

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by RustyWrench, Jun 5, 2017.

1. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Some people think we are insane running a discontinued buggy especially since parts are starting to get hard to find. But hey don't let fear and common sense hold you back. Besides my boy loves racing this rig.

On our way to the track
    [​IMG]

Buggy Hugging
    [​IMG]

The Back up Truck
    [​IMG]

The Bell Crank Retainer kept flexing and the Crank Pin would pop out creating major steering issues so I fixed it... LoL.
    [​IMG]

1. John placed 7th in his first qualifier partially due to a being stuck between the back straight for a long time and a ball socket popping off later on during the race.
    2. John's second qualifier didn't go so well either. Broke a rod end on the back right. He made it 3 laps like that, with the rear tire wobbling like crazy. The dog bone finally popped out on the last lap. lol...
    3. John should probably fire his mechanic... lol. I'm pretty sure I have all the bugs worked out now.
    4. He qualified 7th for the main but for some reason started from the 8th position. No big deal.... Specially since he finished 3rd in the main... I'm a Proud Dad he ran real smooth. Way to go My Bub...
    5. As soon as he can shave 5 seconds off his times, then You Big Boys in 2WD SC Better Look Out... J/K
    Next Race coming up this Saturday... I have no idea why my lines are numbered and I do not know how to get rid of them...

Dean

2. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    1. John did very well Qualified 4th and finished 3rd, schooled his Dad. lol. I had some electrical problems early on in the qualifying, figured out a temporary fix and she held up for the rest of the day.
    2. We need to shave aprox 3 seconds per lap off of our times to compete with the top 2 contenders but hey we broke the Ten Lap Barrier. Next race is on July 1st, come check it out if you got nothing else going on.

1. John ran a fast lap at 33.659 fast 5 at 35.079 average and a quick 10 at 36.350 average Total race time 6:26.760

1. My fast lap was 33.890 fast 5 at 34.321 average and the quick 10 at 36.182 average Total race time 6:29.792

1. I qualified 3rd and finished 4th. He schooled me by 3.032 seconds. lol. We both managed to get into the 11 lap club...
    1. What the heck is up with the numbered lines??? How do I get rid of them???

1. Dean

3. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

according to the above post ... You are number 1 lol
    ..i have no clue what the numbers are about but it is funny .. congrats on your boy if he can keep it on track till it falls apart ... he has some potential

RustyWrench likes this.
  4. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Team "A" Armageddon had a great day racing. John was a little upset, got caught up in a couple of melees. He started 6th and finished 9th over all. I'm proud of him. His fast lap is almost 1 second faster than mine. If he can manage to keep it clean he'll be placing in front of me every time.

I fully enjoyed myself, I started in third and at one point I was running in second. Got plowed over by someone and dropped two spots to fourth. Hey that's racing... lol.