1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC ADVENTURES - 13 RC 4X4 Trucks, "Into the Core" Pt 2 - RC URBAN ASSAULT in Downtown

Discussion in 'RC Adventures - Trail Trucks' started by RCSparks, Jan 1, 2013.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    RC ADVENTURES - 13 RC 4X4 Trucks, "Into the Core" Pt 2 - RC URBAN ASSAULT in Downtown Calgary! - YouTube

1080p HD for a TRULY UNiQUE Winter Downtown Calgary, Canada experience! The Crawler Teds Garage Crew, and many fellow RC Hobbyests head into the core of Calgary for a new spin on our great hobby. Thousands of dollars in RC Vehicles prove their might in an all out URBAN ASSAULT! Guess what?! The local Police didn't mind a bit, and the public loved it! Just so super cool that we can still have good, clean fun.. and still entertain a few folks while getting out for a walk. We all look like thugs.. haha. Really neat to see the expressions on peoples faces in restaurants as we drove by.. HAHAH!

Hello my friends & WOW! Recently I attended a VERY FUN and exciting trail ride, hosted by "Crawler Teds Garage". Rude Boyz RC, TRCC, DamedCamera, and so many other Awesome hobbyests were on site to represent! JEM & I were there the whole 4 hour trail trek into the heart of our city - Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Somewhat inspired by the Youtube channel: UrbanRcLA - YouTube - Crawler Ted had a stellar idea to head into the Downtown core with a whole gaggle of Scale RC 4x4 Truck fanatics! So we all mounted up.. and we were ready to Rock!

Here are some of the Video Producers!

CrawlerTedsGarage: Crawler Teds Garage - YouTube
    DamedCamera: damedcamera RC Athletes - YouTube
    TRCC: Terry Shilson - YouTube (the Yellow BUS in this video.. iS HiS!)

(Sorry if I missed another Youtube Producer in the video.. if so, they can contact me.. and I will add them here!)

Magnat007 likes this.
  2. nabob14

nabob14 New Member

If I had known that this much rc stuff happened while I was living in Calgary, I probably wouldn't have waited until a few days ago to get into the hobby! Awesome video! It's neat seeing a place I know in a video!

3. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  4. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Man , what a cool run , this was such a different experience . So much fun .
    the reactions of the people , the lights and sounds of downtown calgary .
    Just crazy .
    You did a sweet job with this vid dude !
    I was stoked watching it , it was like I was there . lol

5. Roast

Roast New Member

I asked the question on youtube but here is better :)
    Medic which camera? did you use for this video?
    very good quality in low light :)
    Greetings from Portugal

PS: Keep up the good work you have done

6. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    hello my friend.. Well .. for this film I used a Sony NXCam.. model #HXR-NX70U

But its really not about the camera so much as how you edit it.. what type of filters you are using to control light.. etc. I also had a Light mounted on the camera for really dark areas .. the light "ring" is LED driven and has about 100 in a circle. This makes a halo effect, helping light the subject, but make the surrounding darks.. "Darker"

Does that help bro? You really don't need an expensive camera like mine.. you can get away with using good lights, and trick editing in post production! :)

7. Roast

Roast New Member

Thanks, I know which light you speak, I've noticed several times in your videos in the studio :)
    I'm more connected to photography but also have an interest in video, and my brother in law always has problems with their sony handycam because the filming are full of noise, because of the low light, when shooting at night.

The camera that you use this aspect is much better now, and with the help of light is even better :)

He also uses an external light, like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lZHMjcNVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

thanks for the quick response, it was to find out which camera to have an idea.

How to shoot your other cameras in low light?
    www.farospotters.blogspot.com

#7 Roast, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. Reckless

Reckless Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

think my favorite part of this whole thing is the trucks actually using their trailers (and with the break downs probably useful! lol )

really get to see how totally unforgiving the concrete jungle (and the cold!) is to these little trucks

9. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That was awesome, looks like you all had a blast during your evening walk.

10. Jokers

Jokers New Member

good video, Been long time since i seen some of downtown Calgary..Go rc go..