1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX / TX Rc claw machine Idea!!!

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by thezombiedog, Jan 19, 2012.

1. thezombiedog

thezombiedog Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I was thinking about claw machines tonight And I was thinking about making one with Rc parts like a couple servos to move the claw back and forth or 2 rc moters not sure how that would work anyways and then a motor for the claw to go down then another for it to close and go up does anyone have any thoughts on this I could probably design how to make it but Dont have the rc parts to try tell me what you think thanks.

2. Leo_rcc

Leo_rcc New Member

What you would need are 2 linear actuators (basically an electric motor and a spindle) for X and Z movement, a winch of some sort to lower and raise the claw, and depending on how you want to operate the claw either a servo or some clever way with a spring to keep the claw open while lowering and closing while lifting the claw.

It's not difficult, but does need a bit of tweaking.

3. thezombiedog

thezombiedog Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey thanks man Glad someone thinks its possible I thought so too, My dad is a licensed electrician so I asked him and I dont have to use rc parts i can hook some motors up and control them by levers or switches so wish me luck.