1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC noob, question about what to buy

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by MrSprinklez, Aug 8, 2012.

1. MrSprinklez

MrSprinklez New Member

Hey guys, i need a hobby, so i'm gonna try some 4X4 rc's. I come from a rural area, so we love off-roading around here (my friend actually got his jeep stuck in a creek last winter, with me in the passenger seat).

[​IMG]

I'm really set on getting an RTR scx10 honcho but i'm not sure. I would mainly be doing trail riding and lots of mud-bogging, but i'm kind of torn between the honcho and the ax10 ridgecrest. I love the looks of the honcho but the ridgecrest is a little cheaper. Anyone got opinions? And i'm only 17 and have had a job for 2 months, so i wont be dishing out pooploads of money for upgrades. Maybe just some 2.2 tires.

2. ews77

ews77 New Member

Theridgecrest is a fun truck. Just get what makes you happy scx10 or ridgecrest would be great rigs to have. The scx10 is the better scale truck i got the ridgecrest and now im building a frame so i can scale it out more.
    And remember to water proof it before you ever hit any mud or water.

3. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

SCX10 is great for if you want to do a scale rig, they are a blast and so many things that can be done to them. I have had mine for 2 years and keep doing new things to it and its pretty unstoppable now. Ridgecrest is cheaper, but Im personally not fond of it because of the way it looks. Wraith setup on a crawler chassis, besides I have a wraith and a comp crawler so for me it would be pointless.

I say do your research, watch some videos of both. Think about what you will want to do more, etc etc. For trails and water and mud I love the scx10 for that.

4. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    SCX10 hands down.
    Best rig I have ever bought and such a blast to hit the trails with... AND YOU CAN CLONE THAT CHEROKEE IN 1/10th !!!

5. badmonkey269

badmonkey269 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i got the scx10 honcho and i am making it a scale trail/mud rig. i guess they call it a outlander type truck idk. lol i'd say get the honcho in the long run you can do more with it as it is a scale rig.another way to go is the wraith if you want to do more mudding with it.but what ever you get the first thing you need to do to you're RC is WATERPROOF the truck and to get what all that means is to watch medic's how to on waterproofing then go from there.hear is a pic of what mine looks like sofar. [​IMG][/IMG]

6. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    [​IMG]

More inspiration for you.
    See how much of a difference you can make with the SCX10.

7. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I LOVE my SCX-10 because there are so many mods I can do with it!! Its a Jeep 2dr right now with wraith axles and 2.2s which makes it look like a beast!