1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC Topol-M (MZKT-79221) 16x16 scale 1/10

Discussion in 'Road Giants 6x6/8x8/10x10' started by Krohpit, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Krohpit

Krohpit Well-Known Member

Made new version shaft and gear coupling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Did mount sensor of the ignition system.
    Received the carburetor Walbro WT-499 - is alcohol version, it built a pressure regulator, just should not be at the idle fuel transfer engine. But it is still necessary to make an adapter on the inlet tract.
    [​IMG]
    For motor ASP FT160AR no regular mufflers, but suitable from ASP FS91AR
    [​IMG]

Bluedually and BigMike81 like this.
  2. Monsterman79

Monsterman79 New Member

Freaking awesome ;)

3. mickyd213

mickyd213 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

They say patience is a virtue... I'm all virtued out after watching this thread... Keep up the great work mate...

4. mlang1321

mlang1321 RIP Dad I'll always love you.
    ELiTE MEMBER

WOW what an amazing build, your last one was just a beautiful build and I'm looking forward to your present build as it progresses. I'm most certain it will be just as gorgeous as your last build and amazing every last one of us RC addicts out here on RC SPARKS.

BigMike81 likes this.
  5. Joziebee

Joziebee Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Amazing project ! I follow the thread for sure !

6. Krohpit

Traxxas telemetry sensor set: RPM & Temperature
    [​IMG]
    The temperature sensors are used for measuring the temperature of the cylinders to the engine.
    Speed sensors are used to control the transmission speed of the left and right sides, for they already have landing places on the transmissions from Traxxas Summit.
    [​IMG]
    I needed to connect the sensors to the controller Multiwii based on Arduino, this had little to modify them.
    At a temperature sensor on the red wires soldered resistor, must be cut red connector and solder the wire to the sensor signal wire (black on the edge).
    At speed sensor (digital Hall sensor), solder a resistor (9-10 kOhms) between the red and white wire.

7. Krohpit

Center frame gear assembled and connected drive shafts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weight is large, but the Topol-M should ride in azimuth :haveaniceday:
    Ease of construction - shafts, couplings, gears, bearings can be replaced without removing the gearbox from the frame.

BigMike81 likes this.
  8. JAYDEN1999

JAYDEN1999 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can't wait to see this build finished!!!!!!!!

9. shahrin

shahrin New Member

Wonderfully awesome!

10. OttifantxD

OttifantxD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Awesome build, can't wait to see it finished^^
    One question: Why does it have two parallel driving axles? Do you intend to make a tank-like steering with dual motor setup?^^

cheers

11. Krohpit

left and right motor with software diffs. I already did it in the first car of this chassis - BTR-80.

Billets of adapters to adjust the carburetor Walbro WT-499 to the engine ASP FT160AR
    [​IMG]

Made PCB rectifiers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It turned out not very beautiful because track carved small cutting wheel with a hand mill Dremel. With the cutter would make prettier, but could not find it.
    On this board, there will be three rectifier: two powerful - separately for the right and left side and a low-power for charger.
    Also on board will be installed current sensors and diodes to protect the battery from reverse current.
    The PCB will be mounted on the radiator.

12. OttifantxD

ELiTE MEMBER

Ah, Ok. Makes Sense^^ Thanks

13. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If the immortal words of Mater ... Dagum!

To think I just hit this seeing 16x16 .... Wow!

MuCh inspiration to be had. I thank you for sharing. I also know what I'm watching at lunch time :haveaniceday:

One question, the couplers you are using, self made/bought what are they and what material is in between ?

14. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Having just watched the 8x8 video I now know why your building the 16x16 lol
    :haveaniceday:

15. Krohpit

Couplers bought from the Chinese CNC machines. They are made of aluminum. The central part of the polyurethane.

16. Krohpit

Tested power station with a spark ignition system and with the new rectifier module.
    The load using a spiral of nichrome wire.
    The only caveat that the spirals they heating resistance increases and the current drops by more than twice.
    [​IMG]

PCB rectifiers yet not completed due to lack of some details, but suitable for testing. In the rectifier applied Schottky diodes DSS60-0045B (If = 60A, Vr = 45V, Vf = 0,57 V).
    [​IMG]

Diodes are attached to the radiator through the insulating thermal pads.
    Power paths on PCB soldered copper wires to reduce the resistance. Currents can exceed 100A.
    Besides diodes put current sensors ACS758KCB-150B (current measurement in two directions to 150A) to the battery and ACS755LCB-130 (current measurement in one direction to 130A) output to power motors of transmission.

On one side the wire are soldered to the left and right battery and left and right motor of transmission.
    Batteries are connected to the generator through a rectifier protection diodes from reverse current (Schottky diodes IR 100BGQ015 If = 100A, Vr = 15V, Vf = 0,38 V).
    On the other side the wire are soldered to the starter controller output and three-phase input to the generator.
    Exit to the starter is powered through the protection diodes from reverse current (Schottky diodes DSS60-0045B).

[​IMG]

Thermo photos of the working motor to the imager.
    [​IMG]

Videos load testing.
    [video=youtube_share;EaZuVgnmSnQ]http://youtu.be/EaZuVgnmSnQ[/video]

Spark Ignition System pleased, engine start instantly when opening flaps carburetor.
    Temperature sensors work, but maybe there is measurement error, I do not calibrated to temperatures above 100 ° C.
    But current sensors incorrectly displayed on the screen will look for errors in the controller program.
    Well, in this time did not forget to take a voltmeter and an ammeter.
    Did a load test with disconnected battery voltage drops to 5.5 volts at 40 amps, the motor is unstable.
    Have a suspicion on poorly adjusted the ignition and quality of the mixture.
    New carburetor did not put together with the new ignition system.
    I still have a weak cooling fan, which is only enough to idle, so the tests were short.
    Rectifier radiator and generator is not particularly heated on short tests.

More photos - RC IT Music Photo Video: Power station for a hybrid RC car

BigMike81 likes this.
  17. OttifantxD

ELiTE MEMBER

....Now I know what russian engineers do in their free-time
    :)
    Just kidding, really awesome work, there aren't many guys out here which build their own PCB's. If you just look at the pics it seems to be quite off-the-wall, but you surely put a lot of calculations and research in this project, totally freaking awesome, man!^^

greetings from bavaria,
    ottifantxD

18. gr1

gr1 New Member

my mouth will now be dragging on the ground for the rest of the day:dizzy:

mesa want:in love:

19. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

WOW just waiting to see this AWESOME machine when it's done

Aerorc likes this.
  20. Krohpit

Rarely go to the forum - summer ...
    So continue
    17.05.2014 Made the mount for carburetor Walbro WT-499.
    [​IMG]
    Small tube connects the motor crankcase with vacuum pump of carburetor.

03.07.2014 So, problems with parcells resolved, all missing parts in place
    [​IMG]

Decided to use for a hybrid control unit and vehicle controller Crius Multiwii AIO Pro v2, due to the larger number of ports.
    Addition to the various ports, gyroscopes, accelerometers on this board soldered flash-memory, it is possible to get used in the future to save the telemetry.
    [​IMG]

controller Crius Multiwii AIO Pro v2 - Crius MultiWii All in One Pro V2 0 Flight Controller Megapirateng Arduplaneng | eBay

Housing for power module made ??of aluminum radiator and aluminum profile, it sealed.
    Initially, I received information from the current and voltage sensor with an ADC of the microcontroller, but it has little ports (8 sensors and 8 for the radio receiver), also had to be used to transmit analog signals long multi-conductor ribbon cable.
    So put an external ADC (12-bit, 8-channel) directly into the power module.
    This ADC module is connected to the microcontroller via I2C bus using only 3 wires.
    To power the ADC (Vref) and current sensors installed on a separate 5V regulator, since it strongly depends on the accuracy of measurement.
    Measured voltages are applied to the ADC through a divider resistor (150k and 51K), ie, the measured voltage with a range of 0-20V is converted to 0-5V range.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I2C ADC - 8 Ch, 12 Bit, I2C Analog to Digital Converter - RobotShop
    power converter 5V - Super Mini DC DC Converter Step Down Module Adjustable 3V 5V 16V Power for RC HP | eBay

Put a larger color RGB OLED display with a resolution of 160x128 pixels.
    The display is connected to the I2C bus as well as an external ADC.
    The display supports hardware fonts of different sizes and hardware graphics accelerations (lines, squares, circles, etc) that you will need later.

[​IMG]
    RGB OLED display 160x128 - Serial Display&Keypad--1.8" Serial: UART/I2C/SPI True Color OLED160x128 OLED Module(CN) DS160128COLED-35...