1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC Topol-M (MZKT-79221) 16x16 scale 1/10

Discussion in 'Road Giants 6x6/8x8/10x10' started by Krohpit, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Krohpit

Krohpit Well-Known Member

Telemetry is sent using NRF24L01+ transceiver to remote control of the vehicle.
    Transceiver is connected to the microcontroller via SPI bus. Transmission frequency 2,4 GHz.
    I used version NRF24L01+ transceiver with an amplifier and an external antenna, it provides a range of line of sight up to one kilometer.
    Small board under transceiver - power converter 3.3 V.

[​IMG]
    NRF24L01+ transceiver - 2 4G NRF24L01 PA LNA SMA Antenna Wireless Transceiver Communication Module New | eBay
    power converter 3.3V - New Socket Adapter Plate Board for 8pin NRF24L01 Wireless Transceive? Module 51 | eBay

Telemetry receiver made on the controller Multiwii SE, at the receiving unit will display the same as on the vehicle - RGB OLED 160x128.
    [​IMG]

To cool the ICE will try two small turbines 50mm EDF.
    To install them you need to make air ducts.
    [​IMG]
    EDF 50?? - Change Sun 50mm 11 Blades EDF with Motor Power Unit New in Box | eBay

27.07.2014 Replaced the motor/generator Turnigy AquaStar T20 3T 730KV to Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv this is due to the fact that the first version gave out the necessary voltage for operation with 3s LiPo batteries only at maximum speed engine. The second version should provide such an option already idling engine (about 2000 rev / min), the same can increase the number of LiPo batteries in series to increase board voltagethat allows to increase power and efficiency.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conducted another test.
    Stayed computer type cooling fan 120mm, has not yet made fasteners for EDF.
    New motor/generator Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv was more high-torque, but like last motor/generator can not always starting the engine. In my opinion this is a common problem sensorless systems at start rotate, maybe my controller firmware feature ESC Mamba Monster.
    Looking ahead repeat radioman commandment - do not rotate simultaneously two handles.
    So I replaced the carburetor and the motor/generator.
    Engine started, I started to adjust the carburetor, but there were glitches in setting the minimum idling and setting maximum gas.
    The main problem is that the maximum speed does not exceed 3500 rev / min and the reaction to the gas throttle was almost no, quality mixture for the most part changed only the exhaust smoke.
    Load do not use.
    I looked at the telemetry, and there unrealistic values of currents in batteries, the voltage is normal.
    Touched the radiator rectifier, and it's hot.
    At the working Engine disconnect the battery and then the engine started to sing as laid and throttle responds correctly.
    I looked at the voltage rectifier - about 40V!!!
    Tried to include the load, but Nichrome spiral were picked up under 12V, 40V is obtained a large current that Engine stops immediately.
    Further sad things happen.
    After a few runs without batteries burn battery protection diodes from reverse current ESC. Trying to connect the battery directly to the ESC, when I turn on ESC during initialization started a little twitch motor, then when I try to start the system burnt ESC with a strong smoke.
    While I can not say for sure - short circuit in motor or burned down transistors in ESC.
    Incline to the second, because when battery is connected the had a lot of entries and it worked fine.
    ESC Mamba Monster maximum targeted at 6S LiPo, ie about 25V, when the battery is disconnected it delivers about 40V, which caused internal problems, the battery connections just burned output transistors.

Why is it so affects the battery is disconnected.
    Battery again worked as a voltage stabilizer, as I already had at the very first system startup, but because I already stand diodes protect against reverse current. Only here diodes I selected on the basis of a large direct current and low voltage drop so low reverse voltage - 15V. I thought that would be enough, but here with a generator replacement easily exceeded it twice. Hence, there is a problem that Engine persistently gained more than 3500 rev / min. Strange that still did not burn rectifiers against overload because LiPo batteries internal resistance is very small, an almost short circuit after the rectifier.
    Batteries again spoiled overcharging - got about 4.35 volts per cell after all the experimentation.
    The computer fan also burned after increasing the voltage up to 40V.

Total: carburetor must first be configured and start experimenting with the Engine idling, increasing speed and control all the currents and voltages.

Now a long pause - need to replace some of the elements.

2. MonsterMark

MonsterMark Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I wish i knew a little of what you are talking about, but i dont and this is still super cool and a cant imagine how ou do it!!! This build is the coolest thing ever!!!! Keep it up

Bluedually likes this.
  3. JackJC98

JackJC98 New Member

Holy cow this thing is awesome!!
    Can't wait to see more!!

4. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    This is coming along very nicely mate! I'm not quite sure i understand what i'm looking at for half of it, but Damn it looks pretty! And also pretty complex!! Keep it up mate, VERY IMPRESSIVE work!!

5. Butcher

Butcher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don;t know what I'm looking at... but I like it.

6. rcalaska

rcalaska New Member

you are simply amazing and I am not worthy ! makes my builds seem like childs play my friend ! keep up the good work

7. Joziebee

Joziebee Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Question : I know the 4 strokes engine give more torque , but a 2 strokes engine will give you more RPM , so does it will help you or it will give you other problem ?? Keep going with your amazing project !!

8. Krohpit

Bottom part of the frame.

[​IMG]

OHO, cyanide, BigMike81 and 5 others like this.
  9. cdnltded

cdnltded Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Centipied?

10. Joziebee

Joziebee Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Amazing !!

11. Krohpit

Prepared a set of springs with shocks. 32 pieces for the entire machine.
    [​IMG]
    Traxxas Shocks E-MAXX TRA4962 Big Bore with E-Maxx Black Three Rate Springs Set Krohpit Editions three times stiffer original - 5kg compression instead of 1,6kg in the original E-MAXX.

Top part of the frame
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OHO, cyanide and Antho11 like this.
  12. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Wow! You must of needed a lot of shock oil and those shocks look great! This build is so awesome!

13. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You've come a long way and looks like you've got a long way to go, keep up the beautiful work.

14. gmmiller06

gmmiller06 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Man, this has to be the most in depth and complicated build I've seen so far. And I do a bit of forum surfing. Awesome work!

BigMike81 likes this.
  15. Krohpit

16. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I can't believe it, its like a brushless lipo powered centipede. Truly amazing

Antho11 likes this.
  17. cyanide

cyanide Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    WOW! This thing is massive!

BigMike81 likes this.
  18. Krohpit

Adjust the steering servo.
    Each wheel is the personal drive for implementing additional functionality Control as it was on the BTR-80.
    Now axes are controlled similarly to the original car - 1,2,3,6,7,8.
    The axes 4 and 5 are fixed, but the servo mount made for the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Installed servo for shifting gear in the gearbox.
    [​IMG]
    Comparison with a plastic model of the old Topol scale 1/72
    [​IMG]
    Load test frame
    [​IMG]

Bluedually, OHO, Joziebee and 4 others like this.
  19. Chrizzle

Chrizzle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    This is amazing

Joziebee likes this.
  20. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Agreed!

Joziebee likes this.