1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rcjoe's land rover d-90 build "camo landy"

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by rcjoe, Mar 18, 2012.

1. rcjoe

rcjoe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

so, in the first few pictures of this thread you might see the light bar on the roof, well, I didn't like it any more and I wanted something stronger so I made one out of metal...

[​IMG]

and, because I know this land rover will suffer a lot of tumbles down some mountains, I decided not to paint it because too many scratches would appear, so I covered it with more hockey haha

[​IMG]

next, I decided to turn my attention to the actual truck, before it looked like this

[​IMG]

and after, I put the tekin fxr inside a traxxas receiver box, it keeps it nice and dry, and in another receiver box I put the futaba 4pl receiver along with the rc4wd winch controller

[​IMG]

there is very limited space for a battery in this truck, luckily I had a nice variety of batteries to choose from haha

[​IMG]

also I put in my own custom painted instrument panel... it still makes me laugh every time I look at it, it's just a bunch of paint blobs

[​IMG]

lastly the winch pull pal I got from rc4wd, it had to go somewhere that's easy to access for when the truck gets stuck, but I didn't want it falling off the truck in a roll over, so I made a hinge thing that slides to lock the pull pal in place

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that covers everything I have done to this truck so far! say tuned for the video

#21 rcjoe, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. rcjoe

ELiTE MEMBER

here is a video of this land rover, I tried to make it some what different from the typical running video, I hope you enjoy

[video=youtube;zwSmrRPptzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwSmrRPptzs&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUz6FFuUAJR4kn8cu-0sI9PA[/video]

3. WeeManWTF

WeeManWTF Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wow dude, incredible.

4. Tyrillus

Tyrillus New Member

Sweet job RcJoe, liked the video and great music to with it out in the country.
    Keep up the great work!

5. rcjoe

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks guys! I have another video that involves this land rover coming up... but it might take a while, hopefully by september it will be done, it's going to include land rovers, hummers, explosives and rockets!
    :yaehamnotdurnk:

6. fordguy8790

fordguy8790 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice job with the video! Is there any way you could mount the servo a little lower? Might help with your steering... there is a lot of angle in that drag link.

7. Alpine A110

Alpine A110 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hi,
    She is beautiful and the painting of Def video is really nice :meaw:

Nico

8. rcjoe

ELiTE MEMBER

thank you! I wish I could mount the servo lower down but then the axle would bottom out on the servo itself when it's fully compressed... but you have given me an idea! why didn't I just put a longer servo horn on?? sometimes I worry about myself, it's something so simple that I completely overlooked, oh well, at least it's a cheap fix
    :haveaniceday:

9. fordguy8790

fordguy8790 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Haha, I do that all the time. Seems like the simplest answer is always the one we overlook!