1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear diff issue?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Btngu2, Aug 13, 2016.

1. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I waterproof my rx with epoxy sealing the board but not the pins then i coat my pins in dielectric grease

2. Btngu2

Btngu2 Active Member

Ok, new truck, new problem. I would make another thread, but I can't figure out how to. I just unboxed a redcat Everest 10. Charged the the battery and put the body on and all seemed ok, except forward is reverse and reverse is forward. I thought, no big deal, just flip the transmitter switch to reverse. But when I did, the truck has almost no speed forward, but full speed in reverse. I noticed the ESC looks almost identical to the ae5. I looked at the drag break setting, and it looks like it says boat?? The other says crawler and does the same speed forward and reverse, but it stops faster than it pulls out, like 100% drag break. And I noticed that it has somewhat of a lag in the throttle. Like hit the trigger and a second later the truck moves, but the steering is extremely responsive. Any help, tips, or advice would be appreciated.

3. Btngu2

Btngu2 Active Member

Not sure how much water it can take, but I got a few servo extension wires and hooked em up to my Rx then just Plasti dipped the whole thing. I'll let you know how it works December 3rd. There will be a small local gathering for a mud pull.

4. Btngu2

Btngu2 Active Member

Also, what is the vcc port for?

5. Btngu2

Btngu2 Active Member

[​IMG] Another update. The Johnson motor fried. Picked up a 27t axial. Left the stock spur, but changed the 20t pinion down to an 17t. It is now a crawler that is trail rated. Increased wheel speed, but still have plenty of torque. Looking at a set of 2.2 ripsaw tires and maybe some smaller shocks to lower it just a little. Had to replace 2 axles and the locker in the front. Not sure if it was just too much torque and speed, or where I had to modify the redcat axles to get the axial locker to fit. Temperature wise, the ESC gets a little warm when crawling, but not hot. At wide open, the motor and ESC both stay cold to the touch. I made another post about building a 6x6. If you have any knowledge in this area, feel free to check it out.

6. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    motor wires are probably backward, switch them , switch your tx back to normal and be sure the esc is set to crawler, see if that does you any good.

7. Btngu2

Btngu2 Active Member

Trying to keep up with all threads. Back to this one, the diff had catastrophic failure. Both shafts stripped out at the locker. After help identifying the diffs thanks to the forum, I found that the redcat diffs are cheap compared to other brands. I took the spool out and mixed up jb weld and permanently locked the diff. I am now looking at a set of scx10 diffs and doing a full ax10 conversation from an hsp pangolin. I will keeps the updates coming as I get parts in. First up, 35t rc4wd. This is most likely my preferred motor for all my projects, or maybe a few 27t.[​IMG]