1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

receiver questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by prawn, Feb 18, 2012.

1. prawn

prawn New Member

Hey everyone I got a question I know on a nitro you need a receiver pack to power servos but what if any thing is it used for on a electric just wondering any input is good
    thanks happy trails:slow:

2. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Most of the electric esc,s have a built in bec( battery elimination circuit) so you don't have to have a extra batt on board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

as summit said the esc should have a bec if it doesnt you can wire one in easy enough ..
    there is heaps on you tube check out medics channel djmedic2008's Channel - YouTube have a flick through you will find answers to questions you havent even thought of yet

4. dropstep

dropstep New Member

not on the original subject but will receivers only bind to certain remotes or can you order a universal version?

5. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Generally you have to go with a matching receiver for a 2.4g radio. But I believe some of the Flysky stuff will work with Hobbykings and Hobbyking has some Futaba compatible rx's that are 1/3 the price of Futaba's.
    But nothing universal.

6. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the axial wraith reciever will also bind to the gtb3

7. dropstep

dropstep New Member

that means im screwed, the receiver that came with my rtr has no brand on it and the company doesnt list the receiver as a replacement part. guess my new toy will sit while i play with my new fullsize :omg: only took 3 days for me to breeak something i cant figure out

8. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You can get a 2.4g 2 channel Flysky FS-GT2 radio and receiver for about $20 and extra receivers are only about $7.
    There is a 3 channel for a little more if you need it.
    Then keep your radio for your next rc.

9. dropstep

dropstep New Member

wish i would of read that before i payed 36 for a new receiver.... direct order company parts suck. my cheap starter truck is driving me nuts i probably should have just started with an axial rtr

10. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Should have taken a pic of the reciever for us.. We would have been able to see what you have and what you could have gotten..

11. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

dude flysky rules and any of there recievers bind to any of there transmitters be it 3 channel or 9 channel good if you need extra power slots for extras

12. scorpion_ax

scorpion_ax New Member

if you do end up getting something to work for you and end up running a seperate bec here is a pick that will help greatlly or if you want to get crazy and run direct to the servo you can go with the second picture

ignore name brands in the pictures as they have no relavance to what you are doing all esc's in this regard work in the same fashion you just need to be sure to disconnect th red wire from the esc harness cause that feeds power to the reciever and by running a bec itself feeds the power to it instead when run in this fashion
    hope this helps out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12 scorpion_ax, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  13. dropstep

dropstep New Member

im not used to having to actually ask questions. been a few years since ive picked up a hobby other then 1:1 vehicles