1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTHER Redcat Everest 10 Review and Thread

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by SEK494, Jan 4, 2016.

1. SEK494

SEK494 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
    I bought this Redcat Everest 10 last muinite for a RC run with a bunch of guys I wanted to meet. My SCX10 and my Trailfinder went down. Both for front axle shafts. I was able to fix my Yota but it wasnt water proof and this trail was a little hard core for a TF2. I paid a little much for the Everest at my local hobby shop but I waited til the day before to grab it.

Out of the box it had metal links. I was happy to see that. It's not lipo capible. But I had plenty of NIMH batteries to get me though all four miles of trail. I think I only used a 3k and a 5k. battery.

I was running with alot of SCX10s and a handfull of other rigs. Surprisingly I was able to keep up just fine in a bone stock Everest. The tires are not as bad as people make them out to be. They are slick but not stupid. They also help the Everest try to float in water.
    [​IMG]

I did break a servo horn about 100ft from the end of the trail. Not bad after almost 4mi of running on stock everything.

The articulation on this rig is so crazy its almost useless. The Servo is a little slow but it turns fine for a 2.2 rig so I dont know why people complain about that. I have a couple things in mind I would like to change but I truly want to keep this a low budget rig. This is one I have no problems letting other people run. I wasnt easy on it and it still runs. I would recommend it.

2. SEK494

SEK494 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So, I've owned this truck for awhile and I'm weighing my options. It has great electronics and I think I want to ladder frame it and basically make a Scx10. In my opinion, this is still a great first rig for someone. I'm just a little lost as to what to do with it. I'm now up to Two Scx10's and a RC4WD Hilux. But I have one more body that I really want to mount on something.