1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redcat Sumo RC?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by redcatmania, Feb 12, 2014.

1. redcatmania

redcatmania New Member

Been looking to buy a redcat racing sumo rc. Anyone else have one. Any complaints? What run time do u get?

2. DizzyDad

DizzyDad Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Have two. Biggest problem = plastic gears shred if you're not careful. Other than that, they are wicked fun. On my cheapo double A batteries I average around 30-45 minutes of run time. But, I am light on the throttle. Parts are hard to find in brick and mortar but really easy to find on the net. I get all my parts from thirdcoastrc.com. usually don't have to wait more than a few days for them. Overall, I'm pleased with them. Do yourself a favor and immediately replace the bushings with bearings and put metal drive shafts in it. For what it's worth, I don't regret buying them one bit. I have had a lot of fun ripping around with them with the kids.

3. Steve campbell

Steve campbell New Member

Hey guys, great site and love watching your video's...Quick question I just picked up a redcat sumo crawler and the 4 wheel steering is all messed up. Front or rear 2 wheel works great, but when I try to use 4 wheel the rear wheels kick off to the right enough to make it not useable.Any idea's on how to fix this?

4. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    did u try to trim the servo? have u taken the rear servo off recently? or messed with the steering rods?

5. Steve campbell

6. Steve campbell

no it is brand new was like that out of the box if i do trim it for 4 wheel steering then when i go back to 2 wheel it is way off lol just going to make it 2 wheel steering, just thought it would be nice to have 4 wheel steering, but making it a micro scale trail truck soooo

7. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    if I understand what ur problem is, try this.....remove the steering link on the end that is connected to the servo horn. then, remove the servo horn itself. turn ur 4ws on and put everything back together while it is turned on. that should fix it. it was most likely a assembly error at the factory