1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUGGY Refreshing my Bandit

Discussion in 'OFF Road Build Projects' started by CT Yankee, Apr 7, 2017.

1. CT Yankee

CT Yankee Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    After working on my new scale crawler and my stepson's drift car, I decided I should grab some old parts and get my original Traxxas Bandit running. When I mean original, I mean ORIGINAL....27 MHz, resistor style speed control. I took my 2.4 GHz receiver from my Losi MRC, cleaned up an old Rooster ESC, and tossed in an HPI 27 turn motor I had lying around.

It actually runs, but obviously needs some upgrades. The stock shocks are first on the list.

[​IMG]

2. Darkhorse_Steele

Darkhorse_Steele Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yep! Did that to my 15 year old Bandit recently too. I put wider front arms on. Wider front axle stubs. Kept the original steering servo because it's still good. Running Anaconda's from a Stampede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Rascle and CT Yankee like this.
  3. CT Yankee

CT Yankee Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My friend/coworker just ordered the Traxxas Raptor, so I figured I should get something that can run along with him. Not as quick right now, but that can always be fixed. ;)

Little Rascle likes this.
  4. Darkhorse_Steele

ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Slash bumpers front and rear. Aluminum front and rear axle carriers with sealed bearings. Rebuilt the stock shocks.

#4 Darkhorse_Steele, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  5. CRACKLES 76

CRACKLES 76 Member

I'm about to dive into the resurrection of my old Bandit, also.
    I'm going to modernise it with a new brushed ESC and install a 16T modified brushed motor.
    I've already rebuilt the stock shocks and was considering putting alloy top caps on all four.
    Slash front stub axles allow the fitting of a 12mm hex for more wheel options. Rears will accept a 12mm hex. I'll be getting 5mm thick ones to get more thread for the wheel nut. Or maybe Slash 2WD rear stub axles will suit...?
    Replacing all bushings with rubber sealed ball bearings.
    A decent steering servo is on the to-do list also.
    I was going to go all out on it but I think I'll just replace things with better quality components as they break.

How's your's coming along done any more to the old girl?

[​IMG]

6. Darkhorse_Steele

ELiTE MEMBER

Not much else. Replaced the steering servo with a brand new waterproof Traxxas one. I've been working more on my crawlers.