1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retiring still photography for video!

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by 10 Gauge, May 18, 2011.

1. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

So I've really come to realize that I've been quite bored with still photography as of late. My HDSLR was great at capturing video too but obviously it was not designed for this purpose solely.

Last night I sold my Canon 7D and all of my lenses, and all of the photography equipment to my name. :ouch:

I've decided to reinvest the money in to a nice new home theater setup (46" Samsung 3D LED TV and new 7.1 Surround Sound, w00t!) and pick up a camcorder.

I've decided to go with this one, as it's all I have left in my budget after the new home theater setup. Has anyone used it, or currently use it? From all of the reviews I have read, and the test videos, it's the best bang for the buck from what I can tell.....

Sony - HDR-CX360V 32GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black - HDR-CX360V

This will give me a chance to expand on my videos and help force me to learn how to do some good editing. So hopefully you all can expect some wicked new videos from me within the next few months. :) I should be picking up the camcorder on Saturday, and may get a chance to test it out that day at the bashing pit! Sweeeet!

2. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR

AAuuugghhh, NOoooooo! Not the Canon 7D!
    :tttt:
    I just had to shed a tear there, 10 Gauge; I'm a Nikon shooter, but I respect the 7D. Must have taken a lot from you to let your camera gear go. It took me a while to get over it when I sold my Nikon D300 a year ago.

But...

Looking forward to your videos with your new video camera gear! That Sony HD sounds sweet!
    :haveaniceday:
    I perfectly understand, sometimes we get in a rut and nothing like letting go of old gear and getting something new to jump start that creativity!

3. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Trust me Dan it was hard to let go of my equipment. I even shot a wedding last weekend, haha.

I've been sick to my stomach all morning knowing that all of my gear is gone. I think that will subside a bit once I have my new camcorder, and I can play Bad Company 2 on my kick arse new TV, hahaha.

4. 4mods

4mods Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Thats a big decision for sure man, I would hate to give up my cameras even if they are low budget cams... lol. I do love video more nowadays but always will have the passion to shoot photos.

Your new stuff sounds pretty sick though, so that should ease the pain pretty easily!

5. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

I say good choice 10Gauge, but solely for selfish reasons. I enjoy watching video far more than looking at stills haha! So I for one will be eagerly awaiting the new 10 Gauge vids!!