1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo 3.3 build, slow but steady!

Discussion in 'OFF Road Build Projects' started by Americanricer87, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Americanricer87

Americanricer87 New Member

In 08 bought my first higher end RC, a Traxxas Revo 3.3 RTR.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It wasn't too long after the throttle servo took a dump, replaced with a JRRacing 650m replaced the reverse servo once, with another traxxas one, after I broke it. (pushed a little too hard, whoops!)

after a long day in the park, after installing a 40t spur gear, ended up stripping the teeth off after breaking the motor mount, somehow...

[​IMG]

2. Americanricer87

After this the car sat idle for about 8 months and I decided to finish my Crowd Pleazer 2.0.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, I installed a traxxas spool in the front last week, and after 3 tanks of back yard cruising, tore up a stock driveshaft...

[​IMG]

So after a trip to Colerain Hobbies, my lhs, I picked up a set of these:

[​IMG]

and going to refill my shocks with fresh 50w.

I know its nothing spectacular, but its a start!

3. Americanricer87

Well after refilling the shocks, filling the differentials with wheel bearing grease and cleaning most of the parts, I snapped some pics of the cvds installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Americanricer87

Built a stand today out of 1/2 sch 40 pvc pipe, turned out fairly well. Should be able to get it out today and maybe get a few videos up of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be able to get it out today and maybe get a few videos up of it!

5. beaker5377

beaker5377 New Member

Coming along very nicely, I think that's the best way to go at it. Unless you got plenty of disposable income, upgrade parts you break.

6. Americanricer87

agreed, I have a hard time spending money on things if the originals arent broken or really hurting performance. Especially in a hobby where things break, alot.