1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robinson idler really stronger than stock idler?

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by jawehner1419, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jawehner1419

jawehner1419 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have a stampede and have killed two idlers pretty quick after getting 2s. They were both the traxxas steel. So does anyone know of that 15 buck idler from robinson is really any better than the stock steel one??

2. rcbasher1979

rcbasher1979 New Member

I have robinson idles in my slash 2x4 with a castle sct brushless system, rusty with a 1/8 scale mamba monster system, pede with stock velenion system and have not broke one yet. not saying its impossible but im pretty hard on all my trucks and they are all still going.

3. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

traxxas idler gears are advertised as metal gears and I cannot find anything that says they are hardened gears
    Robinson racing have hardened steel and extra hard steel gears ,,,,that being said ,on every rc that I have had that I have stripped gears like pinion ,spur and transmission gears I replaced then with hardened steel gears from RR and have not had any problems from then on. just my opinion well worth the money and I believe the hardened steel gears are much stronger than the stock traxxas gears.

4. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have a heavily modified stampede run a 2350kv 1/8th scale motor and have shredded two sets of tranny gears completely the second time half the teeth came off the diff six came off idler and 5 off the other also ripped both tires off the rims destroyed the drive shafts and smoked the slipper to the point it started to melt the gear box. That was just on 2s! got new gears, rpm tranny case, robinson gen three slipper, and robinson idler; haven't had one problem since.

5. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I use Robinson gears on my Savage and haven't had a problem. I don't see any signs of wear and should be a must for any basher. Don't forget to get a good gear mesh.

6. tmaxforlife

tmaxforlife New Member

Rcbasher1979, a rustler with 1/8th scale castle??? Holy crap!!!

7. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yup robinson gears are great.