1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCX 10 Honcho Dually 2.0

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by crawler4life, Jun 15, 2011.

1. crawler4life

crawler4life Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

yeah that'd be awesome bro. I know these work great but to have actual duals would be even better. Thanks for bringing that up

2. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks bro, I plan on adding a few more smaller spots like around the rocker panels to give it that real "used and abused" look to it

3. Inbred1

Inbred1 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

nice body bro i like the look of the see through shell and the primed door and guard is a sweet idea cant wait to see it finished with the rough abused look goin to b awesome nice thinkin outside the box bro :)

4. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

sometimes the best ideas are accidents that turn out to be the best thing that could ever have happened. Im glad you guys are diggin it.

5. Ramstein

Ramstein Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Double Trouble "2" Aluminum Dually 1.9" Wheels is the rims I ordered. Tires I ordered are as follows... rears are going to be Interco Super Swamper 1.9 TSL/Bogger Scale Tire and the fronts are going to be Interco IROK 1.9 Scale Tire .

Thats my set up so far.

6. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

holy crap those things are expensive and not beadlocks, but they sure do look good. If I had the spare money I'd pick up a set but 130 bucks is too much for just rims IMO

#26 crawler4life, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  7. Ramstein

ELiTE MEMBER

yeah they have a good pricetag to them and I know they are not beadlocks( which blows oscars) but they work. Like I said I am talking to Tom from rc4wd and he is looking into some beadlock duallies wheels for me as I am still grinding through the internet and looking for some as well. If I find something out I will post it here.

8. Ramstein

ELiTE MEMBER

oh yeah I just got my GMC Top Kick body today when I got home so now the fun part begins. I need to make fenderwells for the back end for my dually.

9. asw27x

asw27x New Member

looks good so far

10. Dr Kustom

Dr Kustom Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the dually concept, as for the paint, if you spray a silver coat on top of the red under the body, it will give it a metallic effect.

Btw, I'm looking to get a SCX10 too! :haveaniceday:

11. Mastajag

Mastajag New Member

Has Any One Ever Made A Gooseneck Hitch For A Truck, That Would Be Very Nice And Also The Truck Looks Nice Keep Up The Goodwork!

:)

12. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

I personally havent seen a gooseneck hitch, but the trailer is almost done so its just about time to make the hitch. Thanks guys for all the support and comments. It helps inspire me to keep pushing myself to build more and more

13. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

Wow, thats awesome didnt know that and im gonna have to try it tomorrow while waiting for some welds to cool down on the trailer. Thanks for sharing that tip bro

14. crawler4life

ELiTE MEMBER

Cant wait to see her when shes done. Im on the fence now to either get a topkick body or an F650 but im not really a ford person so im still 50/50