1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scx10-2

Discussion in 'Trail Truck Electronics' started by Yinger89, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Yinger89

Yinger89 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    going to build a trail rig. Can’t pick what motor ,esc ,steering servo to go with. Any ideas are appreciated thanks

2. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If your going brushed go 35t and try the hobbywing 1080 esc waterproof and comes with a programming box as well as a powerfull built in bec i picked one up and at a budget friendly price im getting a second one for another rig i honestly like it more than my Tekin fxr

3. Yinger89

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

ok thank you I will look into it. I was thinking about going brushless. Why do must guys run brushed trail trucks?

4. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Brushless requires a sensored system for crawling and are more difficult and expensive to waterproof brushed motors are cheap handle water and mud better. If you want to go brushless the old saying you get what you pay for is true. If you need more wheelspeed running lipo batteries will give you more voltage if 2s isnt enough try 3s just remember volt up gear down

5. Yinger89

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

Ok so it’s definitely smarter to go brushed. I run 2s lipos. I’m going to try out the ones you told me. Ordered a scx10-2 kit. Need to learn the gearing for trail trucks. I was always more into racing then crawling.