1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scx10 6x6

Discussion in 'Road Giants 6x6/8x8/10x10' started by Jared Hoffman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Jared Hoffman

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What would be the best way to prevent to 2 rear axles from rolling(twisting) under torque? Sway bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jared Hoffman

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    [​IMG]

Got body all done and mounted, just waiting for some replacement driveshafts and still trying to figure out the rear axle twisting problem...

K9654, DodgeZippy and Antho11 like this.
  3. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Sway bars should help. Your fire truck reminds me of the one I had as a kid.

4. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    sway bay may help or firmer springs.

5. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Which way are they twisting? The truck leaning one way under power, requires a vastly different fix than the axles twisting the pinion shaft up or down.

If it is not side to side, but the axles rotating and changing the pinion shaft angle as well as the drive shaft angle... That comes from an improperly set up 4 link.

6. Jared Hoffman

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You saying that confirms what I was thinking the problem is, I have to change where the lower links for the rear most axle are mounted. I saw other people running them between the two rear axles and thought I would try, but seems to be a bad idea.

7. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    you just need a shark fin, take a piece of aluminum and mount it to your frame, right about even with the center axle, line up and mark where you want the links to mount, drill the holes and mount all 4 of them to the fin, or you can use a premade shark fin off something like an hg p601.

K9654 likes this.
  8. Jared Hoffman

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The frame has the holes built into it, just didn't have right length link and when I mounted the link between the two rear axles I had the right wheelbase for the body, so I thought I would try it. Probably going to cut down and re drill and thread the links this weekend so I can mount them properly.

9. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    i see that now that I went back and took a better look, have you tried moving the lower links up to the forward most top holes, rather than the bottom ones?

10. Jared Hoffman

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well finally ready to run, new driveshafts, suspension problem figured out and fixed and a nice new set of tires![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

walter likes this.