1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(SCX10) battery sparked and my car is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by AidenFromConnecticut, Dec 2, 2016.

1. AidenFromConnecticut

so i bought a scx10 deadbolt and a Venom 2s 30c 5000mah lipo battery It ran fine but one time when was gonna connect the battery to the car (deens) when there was slight contact a and a big spark occurred so i did not try to connect the battery anymore 20 mins later i tried again and there was no spark. when you try to steer it steers perfectly but when you try to drive it takes you to keep going back and forward on the trigger for it to jerk forward 6 inches and reverse doesn't even do anything. before this happened i noticed when you try to steer or use the trigger it sends the signal and the a red light on the esc appears for however long you hold the trigger or wheel and if you don't try to drive the esc light does not come on only when driving. but now the esc red light is on a constant blink even when the controller is not on. so i do not know what to do i can't drive it and i can't spend money on all new electronics. also i picked it up and pulled full trigger and it ran for 5 seconds but the wheels speed was that of a dewalt drill at full throttle. so i do not know what to do any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    check your controller trims. If your trims are off it will not arm. If they are centred try a throttle calibration

3. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Sparking at the connector is normal when the battery has been disconnected for a period of time. The filter caps across the input are discharged. When you connect a battery, the caps look like a short for a brief time and quickly charge to main voltage. Your issues maybe a coincidence. If the "Spark" occurred anywhere else then....you have a real issue.

4. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I agree with these two.

I would center all my trims and EPA's. The recalibrate the ESC as per the manual...
    Let us know what happens after you do that.

Dean

lout likes this.
  5. AidenFromConnecticut

so basically i think my esc came defected because the heat warning light was constantly on so i called up axial and told me not to worry they are sending me a new AE-5 esc will up date when it arrives and i install it thanks for the input.

6. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media: