1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCX10 Honcho vs SCX 10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Jack_Slater, Feb 3, 2013.

1. JackJC98

JackJC98 New Member

i have the rubicon and the taller tires help a lot, when i was with my friend the other day he couldnt get over half the stuff mine got over and mine is stock. other than that the only difference is the battery placement as the honcho has it in the front and the rubicons is in the rear.

#21 JackJC98, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. TheDC

TheDC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Y'all are forgetting another difference (I've had my Jeep Wrangler Rubi for going on it's 2nd year,just bought a Honcho this past week),the Honcho comes with the battery tray mounted up front where the Jeep rubi comes with it mounted in the rear (at least it did when first released). Nothing major there,but it is another difference that I didn't see mentioned. Most people feel it trails/crawls better when mounted up front (myself included),but this slight difference shouldn't be a deciding factor between the two,it's really easy to relocate it to the front (if in the rear) OR the rear (if in the front). Just thought I'd add it. Both are great rigs with a few (easily fixable) weak spots,as any rig will have,and either will serve you well/give you lots of smiles. Happy shopping and congrats on getting a new rig! :haveaniceday:

3. Saltslinger

Saltslinger Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Haven't got the honcho yet, but my wife has the white Casey currie jeep and loves it. Think it's pretty much the same as the rubicon. Very capable rig and a load of fun on the trails and rocks.

4. nitroman

nitroman New Member

any thing under the scx10 category on axial's page has the same chassis just different body and bumpers