1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCX10 II Tire Wobble

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Malickie, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Malickie

Malickie Active Member

So I got my Hot Racing All Steel Transmission today, installed and running, of course it is a tad on the noisy side considering it is running a steel spur gear but overall nice and smooth. Should be good to go with this beast now that that is done with. Probably going to wind up replacing the stock suspension links with some that are a little bit beefier at some point, or at least wait until they break. Gotta get to the store at some point and buy me some marine grease for the bearings in the axles and some other random spots I may run across.

Eventually the whole machine is most likely going to be a mix of aluminum parts and steel :D. As a side note, when the machine is bone stock and I tossed in a 3s battery, I used to turn the wheel tight and go full throttle and it would flip over really easy, that is completely gone, my assumption there is the stock shocks sucked, of course along those lines the stock RTR Shocks leaked out all of the oil almost immediately and I honestly never bothered to fill them up again. By the time everything is said and done with this I will almost be able to build a bone stock SCX10 II from the left over parts lol.

Might attempt a go at making a video with all the upgrades at some point, though not sure when as the Mother In Law is in pretty critical condition at the hospital due to a heart attack. Her heart and lungs at the moment are non functional without support from machines.

lout likes this.
  2. Malickie

Malickie Active Member

If anyone has the Hot Racing AX10 Transmission, let me know, having issues trying to install the gear cover for the spur/pinion gear. At any rate everything is running pretty good now. Will probably post some photos later on and with that maybe someone may have an idea on the cover unless someone has prior experience and can walk me through fitting the spur/pinion cover from the stock transmission.

3. Malickie

Malickie Active Member

Got the stock Gear cover on the Hot Racing Transmission finally, I was doing it wrong, lol. Didn't actually need to do any mods to it or anything which was odd considering the website said I may need to make the hole larger. On a side note, one of the Drive Shafts that I had gotten from Integy snapped at the pivot ball on the transmission side lol, apparently not up to the task which is a bit of a disappointment but it definitely shows me their weak point, won't be buying that part from integy again, had to put back my stock Drive Shaft, which was barely used anyway and hopefully will get a decent amount of mileage out of that. Probably going to eventually wind up with an MIP Drive Shaft or at least one that is rebuildable in case pins and such snap on it. Going to try and attempt to get a video up sooner or later. Been quite busy lately with the mother in law in the hospital, on the bright side atm things seem to be starting to look on the positive side.

lout and walter like this.
  4. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law in hospital. Hope things are going okay there.

Gad too hear about you getting things dialled in on your rig. I really think that someone should actually attempt to build a sedan rig out of al the replaced parts one day and see how far they get!!

5. Malickie

Malickie Active Member

Mother in Law is actually starting to get better so things are looking up there.

I totally agree with you on building a rig out of the spare parts laying around. I may eventually give it a shot once I have a bunch of stuff just laying around.

lout and Little Rascle like this.