1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by OHO, Feb 10, 2015.

1. hardrive

hardrive Member

Great can5 wait to see it get down and dirty haha

2. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well we did indeed get out... Almost 3 hours from each battery and that put them both to 3.8v per cell, so could easily have 3 1/2 hours from the packs, mine are 1,000mAh bigger but my motor is a bit faster, so they end up lasting the exact same time.

No breakages, apart from a LiPo buzzer, but I was hitting the puddles and mud hard, absolutely loving it!
    No video as of yet I'm afraid, I did manage to snap a few pictures on the way round though, hope you like! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lout likes this.
  3. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ohh no, a casualty... Lost bodyclip lol!
    Made some nice chains to keep them together, also be quicker getting the rears off now as well.
    And just to show it did actually get dirty today, can't really tell in the other pictures...

[​IMG]

4. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well I decided to go in a bit more of a different way with this... The initial plan was to make it look quite scale, but I realise it simply isn't ever going to be a scaler, I want it to be good off road, not necessarily look as good as possible off road, so... I've chopped the front arches and cut away a small portion of the rear to bring the body right down.
    I also think this looks better and looks slightly more aggressive.
    I also have another plan for the cage, but one thing at a time... :p

[​IMG]

5. hardrive

hardrive Member

Hahahha nice i like it what about the roll bars you need to put it back somehow

6. Kaleo

Kaleo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet g6 man! Good work!
    [​IMG]

Antho11 likes this.
  7. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Bit more progress after we got back from a little run this afternoon, got my bumpers from Gaz this morning, so set about fitting them this evening.
    Absolutely EXACTLY what I wanted, both front and rear, got it spot on, I went with a very specific design and size, for many reasons.
    Also got my land anchor attached to the winch 'rope' and bolted the winch onto the front bumper.
    Overall, I'm happy, I also fit some +6mm offset hubs, which have really made a good difference, and I've put 20g in each rear wheels and 40g in each front, along with fitting a new set of Boom Racing shocks, which I'm very pleased with, currently on a droop set up and I like them a lot, more suits my driving style and 'needs' than sprung!
    I just need to figure out a secure but easily removable place for the LiPo to go now.
    Once that's figured out, she's basically done, other than tyres, which will come at a later date, plus maybe a few accessories on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments/input very welcome :)

lout likes this.
  8. Kaleo

Kaleo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey man where did u get the land anchor?? Love the g6 build btw!!!
    [​IMG]

9. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

RadshapeRC, which is a shop in the UK.
    I'm sure you'll find some on eBay and stuff though :)

10. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Small update, I made a little box for my small LiPo that powers the winch, up front, out of the way, also got it painted and mounted.
    I also made some front inner fenders to help keep the water and dirt out, I also think it adds a small bit of scale, even though this will never be a 'scaler' it looks quite good I think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kaleo likes this.
  11. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    How do you like the Boomerang shocks?

12. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm enjoying using them.
    I've never used a droop set up before, but actually, for my driving style, it suits me better than a sprung set up.
    I only wish I was better at building shocks so they were all identical, but sadly it's one thing I've never been able to get perfect on small scale stuff... All my petrols are perfect, but bottom filled shocks I suck at setting up :(

13. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Received a couple of packages today, second one was just the 35T HD Tekin motor, first one was this one.

[​IMG]

Got cracking :D

Decent amount more lock when comparing dog bones to the CVD's, very glad I took Gaz's advice and got these... No more binding and better lock!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lockouts are nice and tight, certainly not going anywere :)

[​IMG]

And most important bit, new wheelnutz y0!

[​IMG]

So my first impressions of the Boom Racing gear I'm currently using.
    The shocks I like a lot, they're nice, I only wish I was better at building bottom filled shocks, so they were a bit more even in compression, but that's something I will have to live with.
    The knuckles, c hubs and lockouts feel very nice quality, especially for the money, I've had Vanquish stuff before as well, so I know what quality feels like.
    The lockouts are tight to fit which can only be a bonus as far as I'm concerned, the tighter the better (not to the point of cracking the axle housings or anything)
    One thing I will mention, the bushings for the knuckles provided are a touch tight for my liking, so I used the standard Axial ones from the plastic knuckles.
    Not sure if that's a one off, or just a slight lapse in design.
    Either way, it's a couple of pence item, so I'm not fussed.
    Will report back more after I've given them a good beating on the trails, but thus far, I'm happy with them.

Antho11 likes this.
  14. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So I haven't had this out for a proper run for a little while which is a shame, it's such a fun rig to drive and abuse, I was pretty wound up this morning in a dispute with Wheelspin Models, so anyway, I decided this would get a thrashing today :)
    Glad I did, I had almost forgotten exactly how fun this is.
    I simply love it, getting wet, muddy and generally hoonin'
    Towards the end when going through the deeper water, I lost steering one way, would go full lock left and nothing right.
    Picked it up gave it a few drops from about 2ft, hit the throttle... Perfect lol, got to love it when it's just mud or a stone stuck and not an electrical gremlin.
    Got some pictures along the way of course... So, enjoy :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lout and Mill Philler like this.
  15. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lout likes this.
  16. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Another play out today, initially took the SC10 out, but after 2 minutes I hit a puddle and it jut stopped dead, not sure if it's ESC or rx, pretty sure it's ESC, no matter though.
    Good thing I had my SCX10 in my bag :p
    Whilst I grabbed the SCX10 out of my bag, I almost stepped on this little fellow, so decided to grab a few pictures of him just walking along the trail.
    Also had a weird noise whilst on the way round but ploughed on anyway, thought it was mud in the motor, but got back and realised it was a wheel/axle bearing, so decided to give it a good strip down and a bit of a service, fresh bearings and grease all round, ready for tomorrow! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mill Philler likes this.
  17. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

18. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm interested on how you went about making your inner fenders. What did you use?

19. Feenix509

Feenix509 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

20. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just some styrene, made a rough shape, then cut line along the top to bend it, fit it, then trimmed it, painted it and job done :)

drzoo2 likes this.