1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCX10 Runs in short burst.

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by SEK494, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SEK494

SEK494 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've been fooling with RC's for a few years, So this one really has me stumped.

I bought a used SCX10 with the AE-5 (ran on NiMH) on April 5th. I ran it the next day. It ran perfectly fine. I sat it in my closet and a few days ago I got it out again. When I got it out the second time, I first started having problems with it running in short burst. Give it throttle and it runs for about five seconds then stops. After about three seconds I can do it all over again. I got a freshly charged battery and put it in the truck. Same thing. Controller lights don't blink, so they should be okay. I cant think of anything that has changed. So why do I have throttle trouble?

2. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Is their any binding? Try a different battery. Try a different esc. (possibly the motor or esc)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3. BenFink

BenFink Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Its sounds like a problem between your ESC and motor, the esc is sending power to the receiver so the battery, esc, and reciever should be ok. There is a small chance your transmitter is acting up, or its a faulty connection with the motor and ESC.

DivineChaos likes this.
  4. Malickie

Malickie Active Member

Edit: Just noticed you said your running Nimh. My guess is the previous owner may have been running on Lipo and the Jumper on that ESC is most likely set to Lipo, you have to make sure to set the jumper to Nimh or else you will get that exact issue, only reason I know this is because I have an SCX10 II that has the same ESC and I ran into that exact issue. Would run, than come to a complete stop, and I remember it running fine and was scratching my head for a few and went and checked the jumper sure enough I had the jumper in Lipo setting.

5. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I agree. Recalibrate your ESC, make sure LiPo mode is off and see if your still having problems.

Dean

6. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Need some help my scx10 11 won't respond to my remote won't steer sometimes throttle works but most of the time it's trying to move forward or reverse by itself

7. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Can you make a short video of the issue? Kind of sounds like a Rx problem. check and make sure all your wiring in plugged in correctly also make sure there are no nics cut or frays in the wiring.

What Rx do you have in there?

8. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Now it won't do anything I noticed the receiver would blink then turn off and while it's blink the truck is going crazy also if I move wires on the receiver it will allow me to use the steering wheel as throttle but no steering.... I don't understand I was going along fine I stopped for about 5 minutes and the truck started jerk ingredients around forward and reverse I'm new to rc as well

9. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Now it won't do anything I noticed the receiver would blink then turn off and while it's blinking the truck is going crazy also if I move wires on the receiver it will allow me to use the steering wheel as throttle but no steering.... I don't understand I was going along fine I stopped for about 5 minutes and the truck started jerking around forward and reverse I'm new to rc as well

10. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Fresh batteries in the Tx?

11. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Yea I thought at first that was the problem changed em and nothing
    How do I add a picture while using my phone

12. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Tactic tr325 3 channel receiver

13. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    I just found that if I unplug the steering servo? The receiver stays lit up and I have all control as soon as I plug the steering servo in it goes crazy

14. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Have you changed out the Servo? It is possible that the servo is drawing too many amps and causing brown outs. What servo do you have in there?

15. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    Stock servo that came with the truck I think tactic was on the side of the case
    Now the remote won't do anything the receiver isn't lit up and when I try to bind it just turns back off

16. scott3739

scott3739 Member

Media:
    I pulled the batteries from the remote a while ago hoping it like resets or something