1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servo Issue

Discussion in 'Race - Electronics' started by SlashStar, Jan 21, 2016.

1. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

I am seeking assistance with a servo issue that I am experiencing. I recent built a Tamiya car for fun which turned out to be some exercises in frustration. I tested the servo (Savox SC-0254 MG) with all of the electronics before installation and everything worked great. The servo rotated like it should and I thought everything was great until installing the servo as the last piece. When I connected the battery and powered up I noticed when attempting to turn the wheels they barely moved at all. I have tried different arm positions thinking there was a bind but nothing has helped so far. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2. Mogg2112

Mogg2112 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Is the servo horn or servo saver stripped? I know that metal geared servos can sometimes strip out plastic servo horns/savers, but aluminum ones usually help prevent that. What Tamiya car is it? I've only built one Tamiya car, but mine uses a nylon geared Futaba servo. It could also be a BEC issue with the ESC, but I'm not very knowledgeable on BECs so I can't offer much help on that unfortunately.

3. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Check for binding in the steering assembly.. I know some Tamiya cars can have some pretty stiff steering gear.. Really look it over..

The other thing is the teeth on the servo horn may not be aligned properly and are slipping inside of the horn...

Failing that, throw up a Vid of the issue so we can see whats happening..

4. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    These posts above have some really good points! What radio are you using? Is the dual rate turned up?

5. midnight2762

midnight2762 New Member

Agree with Antho on this one I had same problem when I started till I found the adjustment on hand set

6. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Sorry for the long absence. I have resolved the problem and the dual rate was the issue. I hadn't realized that it was down as I share this transmitter between 2 different cars. Thank you for all the assistance and input.