1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock oil to run?

Discussion in 'Mods, Paint & Fabrication' started by Kumikazi345, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

Hi all I have axial scx10

I recently bought 100mm shocks from China which look like knock off rc4wd king shocks with dual springs. I am thinking I should try and run 22.5 weight or 27.5 weight oil. What to run? My battery is custom fitted upfront horizontally with the esc centrally to one side and the receiver box in the back. I am trying to get better flex but also raise it so that it doesn't rub with my body. I already tried lifting the body with the towers.

2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

any oil you like ... as for rubbing ..trim the fenders to allow clearance for the tires flex is good lift raises the center of gravity and makes the truck more prone to rollovers.. the thicker bigger number of shock oil will make the shock move slower .. in relation to the spring .. heavy oil is better suited with stiffer springs .. if you install the shocks and get a clicking sound ..it is the drive shafts binding.. which will happen if too much lift is added.. at 100mm i think you will be ok but at the max

3. Kumikazi345

Kumikazi345 New Member

Ok Thank you I have decided to order some 25 weight oil on christmas. But yeah the wheel arches on my body are tiny bit untidy. Thanks.