1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

short course= winter cure for winter rc

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by sebby, Dec 11, 2013.

1. sebby

sebby Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

With winter closing in fast, there won't be quite as much outdoor rc. I plan to run the 5b in the snow to test the ski-setup, but for a few months the "b" will be backburner.

Now the sc truck comes out!

Went to the track the other day for the first time in a while. They changed the layout which was nice. I was just getting it dialed in when a voice from below said "hey those doubles will be much easier if you run the opposite way"...yep- runnin' the track the wrong direction! lol- the perks of having the track to yourself.

It took a few more laps to get used to the new direction. The jumps definitely made more sense this way! I'm running a losi scte that has been well kept. I dont have much experience with race cars/trucks but I DO know this scte handles really well. Upgrades for race day include new tires (bRcodes or rebars)super soft and a bearing set should do it.

I usually only get to the track once or twice a month as it is 1 1/2 hrs away. Last year was the first time racing and I thought it was a blast to do once in a while. 'hope to race a handful of times coming up. I'll keep the thread posted with race results in the rowdy novice class. My goal- top ten novice a at the short course showdown in March!

ahhhhh- shortcourse is the cure for winter rc

2. sebby

ELiTE MEMBER

The track was great yesterday. Nobody there mondays! I ran some pretty fast laps. Cant wait to try the Panther tires ob order. I hear they will change to a new layout in a few weeks. Nice!

3. sebby

ELiTE MEMBER

Went to another track the other day. Nice clay but tight. Racing crowd was plenty big with two mains for 4 x 4 sc and 2 wd sc. Amazing they even run 1/8 buggy on this small tight track.

I had no time to warm up on this track and was able to improve times throughout the night. Not my best showing but I'll take improvement when i can. The panther rattlers seemed to work well enough. Updates to come as they wear in.

I've been experimenting with drag brake and steering /throttle curves.

Gonna work on suspension tuning on my next outing.

The track I usually go to is changing layout. Can't wait to see it. There's a good race weekend coming up on the 18th . If I can get there 2-3 days before then I'll race.

can't wait to try the newer steering servo in the sc. Hope I get more steering.

Ps-another build on the way... Pics to follow this weekend. This will be the first out of box build for me in many years. Looking forward to it.

I guess I can start by reminiscing about that last build about ten years ago. I built my trusty and last remaining nitro hpi rs4ss in kit form. I sat for nearly 12 hours completing the build with a straight candy-purple finish on the rsx body. I still have and run the car today and had little problem with it...

Can't wait to build this weekend. Waiting in mip puck system and gear along with shock oil from amain...

#3 sebby, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. sebby

ELiTE MEMBER

5. domindart

domindart Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet track!!!!! I'm getting into racing too.

6. sebby

ELiTE MEMBER

Winter vacation for the kiddies means the track is packed so figured a good time to test the 5b skis and superbee. Just a quick test run.

Here's a vid

http://youtu.be/1Rnknkb0eN4

7. sebby

ELiTE MEMBER

That's great to hear! I've been doing a lot of practice. Lots of cool things to learn about suspension tuning etc etc at the track.