1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Inhouse Photo comps end ?

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Magnat007, Sep 2, 2017.

?

Should the Inhouse Photo comps end ?

1. Yeah... they are kinda not worth it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO!! Are you Crazy ! They keep the forum alive

100.0%
  3. What Inhouse Photo comps ? I had no Idea that we even had those

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Votes for this poll will be Public. So clicking an option will make sure you have voted and not just posted..

But I think its time to find out from the members of RCSPARKS if the Inhouse Photo comps should come to an end.. I mean we have tried it twice now and the First time it got canned by the previous Admin (Which are now all gone) and the 2nd series is now up to number 23.
    It Just seems that the Interest has sorta dwindled.

Now Feel free to post up your opinion as I want to hear from YOU!..

Now to make it clear.. The inhouse photo comps are just that... INHOUSE.. It means we cannot offer a prize of any monetary value as most countries you need to have an application for a Competition that involves currency of some description or Value . . So offering a Signature is the ONLY prize I can offer without hitting a wall of red tape in a majority of countries. The Competitions are FREE to enter as there is no cost for running them but I have to admit... the Animated Signatures are kind of awesome (If I do say so myself)

So this is the reason why we cannot offer a Prize that is physical.. only virtual..

Why can't we get Sticker packs ?
    This goes back to the main point is I cannot offer a prize of any monetary value. Medic owns all rights and controls to anything RCSPARKS related and if you followed his facebook page... You will see that he has gone over just how expensive sticker packs are to make... and Since I am down under and he is Up over the cost of posting sticker packs for a free to enter competition would make it a DANG expensive exercise.

So Should the Inhouse Competitions come to an End ?

Mark Liersch likes this.
  2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

keep it going . I was going to do something for the last one but got busy working on a old farm tractor and ran out of time.

Little Rascle and Mark Liersch like this.
  3. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    No way should it end !!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4. DodgeZippy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It gets me out with a plan of where and what my next RC adventure will be !!!
    Don't take that away from me plz
    Even if I'm the only one submitting photos I love it !!!

Little Rascle, spawn and Mark Liersch like this.
  5. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    I think it should keep going on. But i hear what your saying. It seems that not much participation is happening these days.
    I myself have not been able to find the time. its like work never stops. and if it does there are appointments or something the wife wants to get done. Ive also been spending allot of time flying. Fpv gives me a rush that ground RC just cant. [Im scared of heights] lol
    Ive also not been nearly as active here as id like. but it comes down to time. and speaking of wich i should have left for work 5 mins ago. .... gotta go :/

6. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I was too late to enter the last one (since I've been back,) or I would have entered... I think imho and from what I have seen, the biggest issue is getting the winners to post up the next set of requirements.... maybe 24 hours, then default to an "action" shot or something.... The comp needs to keep moving or it won't be successful, maybe only 1 week per comp would help.... we humans have fairly low attention spans these days

7. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    Had to come back to vote. Lol i litterally ran out the door.

8. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The reason why I allow 2 weeks for Each photo comp is to allow for life. Which has to come first.
    @Seamus_RBNW the reason why the winner gets to choose the next topic is part of winning. 24 Hours is not enough time for someone to go out, Get the demo pic, get back to RCSPARKS, Host the pic somewhere and still have time to bring in the fire wood, Cook dinner and then get back to charging batteries or repairing RC's.
    So I generally send a reminder to the winner.. and if they do not respond within 48 hours then the runner up gets to choose..

9. DodgeZippy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Yes cuz for some comps I have to drive 2hrs just to get to a place to find the sun .....lol
    But yes this summer has had a lot of life happened I'm just now get time to get back on here and back to my trucks
    But I'm ready to snap some pics !!!!

10. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Photobucket ruined my picture hosting... Lol. I can only hide behind that for so long.

To be honest with you all. I've been working 2 jobs trying to make ends meet my son is still racing SC on the weekends, only one points race left in the outdoor season. Now we are talking about doing the Indoor Racing for the winter. We haven't done any Trial Trucking at all.

I have decided to go back to school at the age of 49. So I can set myself up on a path where as I will only need to work one well paying job, instead of 2 crappy jobs. Work/Life Balance is the goal. It will be a tough go for the next few months, 2 jobs and school and racing ugh, it will be worth it in the long run.

Anyways keep the comps running just don't expect me to get pics in. Got too many things on my plate...

Dean

11. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I understand how to run comps, and how life works, but this comp isn't working in the format you are using, or you wouldn't constantly be stating that you are waiting for the winner to post up the requirements, THEN you wait for them to post the pic.... Finally, you had to make a thread asking if it should be discontinued.... that shows me that the methods being used for the comp are ineffectual and unreliable thus making the comp itself a crapshoot as to whether or not it will even be taking place. Iif you don't like my suggestions, that's fine, but to simply shoot them down because it isn't how you do things is asinine and, well, simply defending a failing system.... please do not be offended, this comes from someone who has been running competitions in Archery, Live Action Medieval Combat, Fiirearm Shooting Sports, RC, and BMX for the better part of 35 years

12. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Magnat - I am happy to send out decals to each winner - Starting Each Contest from now.. if you are willing to collect Mailing Addresses from the upcoming winners - if everything gets sorted :) Maybe this will help in getting the members in getting back to you sooner

13. DodgeZippy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thank you ....that is so Kool of you
    I sport you stickers on my jeep and proud to support your shows
    Its cuz of your videos is the only I'm back in to RC'S again. ....
    And I thank you for that and this site !!!
    Thank you !!!!

14. WhiplashRC

WhiplashRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've been anxiously wanting to get active again as well as participate in the photo contests again. Keep er going! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Liersch and Little Rascle like this.
  15. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    no no no they cannot end, I want to win at least one, of course i'll have to get a new camera 1st, since mine is under about 15 ft of water at the bottom of rend lake here in S.Illinois, but i've been holding onto what I feel is a great idea for a comp subject if I ever do win.

16. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I just need to get to the big trail run tomorrow to get some killer pics!