1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash 2wd brushless motor Questions

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by dmcg04, Apr 28, 2015.

1. dmcg04

dmcg04 New Member

I have a traxxas slash 1/10 scale 2wd with the stock motor/esc setup I have been wanting to go brushless but I have some questions.First I have been thinking about the Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT what would the top speed be on a 2s lipo and what shaft sze would I need to run the stock pinion gear?

Thanks-Carson

2. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    all depends on ur gearing. u should get to around 40mph. not sure about the shaft size.

3. hollywood

hollywood New Member

If your just looking for top speed them go up a few teeth on the pinion

4. jawehner1419

jawehner1419 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The shaft is 3mm so stock gearing will work. I have the sw3 4600kv in my pede on a 2s and geared the way i do(way to high) i am getting about 45mph on grass running a bigger than stock servo, dual motor fans, and glitch buster. I am also running bigger tires than you and my truck weights about 6-7 pounds. You should easily be able to get 45 with stock gearing and that setup. You could probably go a bit higher than stock and get more top end but less bottom end and have no heat issues. Not much higher but a little.

Speed depends on battery charge, vehicle, amount of drive wheels, weight, motor, running surface, tire size ect ect ect. You should be easily reaching 40-45mph and could easily beat that.

nissendk and Hpi-guy like this.
  5. 68camaro

68camaro Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would get around 50-60 with a diffrent pinion. Truck was crazy

6. Hpi-guy

Hpi-guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Like @jawehner1419 said, it all depends on how you set up your truck. I can however promise you going from brushed to brushless that it will be way more than enough power for you.

rcnut'14 likes this.
  7. dmcg04

dmcg04 New Member

ok thank you guys