1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash 2WD LCG Conversion Kit Completed

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by yarrokon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

My most recent work completed. This was my very first RC Car, and after 14 months the only thing left on it that came with the truck are many of the screws...

This is the Traxxas Slash 2WD Conversion Kit that came in blue. Purchased some new RPM Blue Arms, remove the red alum casters and replaced with all RPM and she's ready to take to the track!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. minierevo

minierevo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i believe that you can get the rpm transmission in blue uses all stock transmission internals i have the rpm transmission in green

[​IMG]

3. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

I had used the RPM transmission case for another version and the part that holds the arms on kept getting lose and made the hole bigger then the truck would vibrate at Hugh speeds. You can't get that part without the entire case. RPM replaced it twice for me. Just got tired of dealing with it.

4. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

I didn't think so at first, but the more I look at your car, the Green looks really good.

5. minierevo

ELiTE MEMBER

oh i never had a problem with the rpm transmission sorry to here that you had problems with the transmission

6. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

I will say that I can be a very hard driver on some of my cars. This is my basher, so it gets driven on and through everything.

7. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Awesome looking truck dude!
    I picked up a 2WD slash VXL about a month ago and have since decked it out with a bunch of pro-line goodies.
    an LCG will be up next.

Thanks for the pictures, lovin' the blue color scheme!

8. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

Which LCG are you going to use, Proline or Traxxas? I will say the proline is lighter if your going to race.

I've got both, very nice. I've done the 4wd and 2wd traxxas lcg conversions. It makes a huge difference.

9. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

[​IMG]

Here is my second lcg 4wd I completed yesterday.

10. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Was planning on going with the Pro-Line LCG (everything else on my truck has been pro-line with the exception of RPM front caster blocks & knuckles).
    So far it's got the pro trac suspension kit, powerstroke suspension, metal axles, transmission, and their suburb tires for the track & street fighters for playing on the asphalt. (I live in the same town as A Main hobbies, they've got an awesome indoor facility! their outdoor track is freaking sweet as well).

11. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

Awe see now that's just tossing salt on my wound of living in the middle of no where. Nearest track for me is 20 miles. I am lucky to have a hobby shop that carries a ton of parts.

12. jwollam

jwollam New Member

LOL sorry dude! :)
    I'm not going to lie, it's awesome having them this close, plus the option to either go into their retail store (across the street from their outdoor track) or place my order online and drive over to their warehouse to pick up parts is freaking awesome! They have been really good at helping my wife with her SC10, Unfortunately we've got one bad out of the box, she's taken it back to them twice and each time their super friendly in diagnosing the problem (truck is less than a week old). Unfortunately she's just going to return it tomorrow and we're picking up a slash for her, just can't seem to get that SC10 to work right :-( (really bummed my wife out, this was her bday present).

13. jwollam

jwollam New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A few pictures of my attempt at a somewhat bulletproof basher thus far lol.
    Pro line body and lcg will be up next on the list.

14. evanmatulina

evanmatulina Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The lcg is such a different set up. It like driving a slash but that's more awesome. :secret laugh: But in all seriousness you'll see: better cornering, control while in mid air and more likely flip back on your wheels (when you do flip). i get get enough of my 4x4 with the new set up.

15. jwollam

jwollam New Member

LOL
    Sounds like it should be next on my list :)
    The wife says no more parts for me until she has a working truck (exchanging her sc10 tomorrow).

16. minierevo

ELiTE MEMBER

i never tried the proline or traxxas lgc i am using the anza lcg i had it out today on a outdoor dirt track and had a blast until a wire for the motor broke but all fixed and ready to rip again

17. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the SCX10. It's the only rc I've had for mor than 3 months and nothing has broken. I broke my first slash in under 5 minutes out of the box. I'm a hard driver. ;-)

18. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

So I have a pro track system that I've not installed on my proline chassis. I keep hearing you have to adjust the links but my system didn't come with any document telling me the lengths.

19. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

So true. Totally different drive. I do feel you lose some of the scale realism with the lcg but the performance is worth it.

20. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Mine didn't come with any either, I honestly just eyeballed it. Pro-line has some recommended set ups on their website, but I didn't have calipers to measure.
    It is still a marked improvement, that's for sure.