1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash 2WD LCG Conversion Kit Completed

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by yarrokon, Apr 24, 2014.

1. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

That is it exactly! Thank you.

2. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Had a friend pop into town during the week and that put a stop to all of the work being done on my slash.
    I trimmed the tabs on the ESC, still wouldn't fit in the spot for it, so I'll be grabbing some velcro and going that route to get it mounted (the pro-line chases comes with a raised platform deal, looks like it will fit, just worried if velcro will hold good while it's at the track?
    I really want to get this thing running so I can play again LOL it's been over a week now! :)

3. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

Just make sure it's secure before each run. I've not had it come fully unless I was doing something crazy.

4. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Will do. Here's where I'm at so far. Still need to mount receiver and antennae.
    [​IMG]

5. jwollam

jwollam New Member

Going to expoxy the antennae in place, and pick up a wire extender tomorrow from the A Main store. Put the included foam block from the kit under the ESC to fill that gap and hopefully prevent it from snapping the little platform it's resting on. ESC is velcroed down.
    Receiver will go right behind the servo, and then just need to find a spot for the shorty antennae.

6. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

With mine I use a 2s venom 70C 5000 MAH that fits perfect under the esc platform and makes it all solid.

7. jwollam

jwollam New Member

[​IMG]
    I've got an Eco power 30c 2s lipo. Works fine for me, and got two of them for $60 on sale from a main hobbies. If I ever swap the motor & esc I'll definitely bump to a better battery.

8. yarrokon

yarrokon New Member

That's perfect!

9. jwollam

jwollam New Member

She's alive!!! (my slash, and my wife's SC10). Got the SC10 back from A Main today (they sent it to Team Associated for warranty work).
    Hooked up the battery and it did the same damn thing!!! grrrr.... Figured something wasn't right, took her battery and put it in my slash, lo and behold... My slash started goofing up doing the same thing as hers! Put a 2s lipo in her truck and it's running awesome!
    Will exchange the battery pack tomorrow at the store after picking up a pair of 2S lipo's for the wife's truck. Wednesday will be track day where we can finally get out there and go play! :D . So excited that the wife can finally get out there with me! So bummed it took almost a month to find it was a simple crap battery (bought brand new from the A-Main store).