1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash 4x4 diff locker?

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by rcguy17, May 2, 2013.

1. rcguy17

rcguy17 New Member

hey guys i have been looking at the hot racing diff spool and was wondering if any of u guys run it on the rear of your truck? if you do was it worth it?

2. TmaxxCrazy33

TmaxxCrazy33 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i dont have the 4x4,but i do have a 2wd slash with a hot raceing spool,and i love it,power slides like crazy,but its so fun to drive

just make sure you tight both set screws and loctie them,

3. cyanide

cyanide Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    ahhh, this is the sort of thing I've been looking to put into my 4x4 Slash aswell.

Cool, I just started to strip it down after a mud plugging day so maybe I'll get one myself. I know it will mess with the steering, but my Slash is a basher, not track racer and it handles like a whale anyway, so I don't think it will be too big a deal.

4. rcguy17

rcguy17 New Member

kk cool i will have to order one then thanks for all the help guys :) i appreciate it

5. greger

greger Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Newb here.. What does this do?

6. Honda95freek

Honda95freek MadMan Moderator

A spool or diff locker will lock the diff so that both wheels turn the same all the time. In stock form there is a certain amount of slippage in the diff that you can tune with different weight oil.

7. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

two other options fill the diff with the metal part of jb weld if you want a slittle slip in the diff or just add the mix of jb weld and lock solid and never will slip for only 4$ instead of 20$

8. glamis3000

glamis3000 New Member

I just bought one off of ebay for 22 dollars, i have heard of the jb weld or silly putty and super glue ideas but I prefer to reverse it at anytime if i realize i dont like the locker. and i couldnt find any dealers selling them, i only saw one on ebay so i went for it and got it last night.. hopefully it will be here soon so i can install it and try it out. I mostly play with mine in the sand and thought that it would hook up better and pull harder..