1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash Questions

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Red Sand, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Red Sand

Red Sand New Member

I've never driven a Slash and I thought I'd get a 2WD brushless for bashing - just having fun

Slash 2WD
    Based on what I've learned thus far, it looks like the front and rear wheels are not interchangeable?

If that's true, are front and rear tires interchangeable?

For bashing, would anyone like to compare the LCG chassis to the original HGC? It seems like the lower CG would be more fun, handling turns without rolling over as easily but the lower ground clearance for where I'm going to be running - lots of rocks - might chew up the bottom of the truck. This truck will never be on a track as long as I own it (not against track racing - just sayin)

I've seen some really good eBay deals with rolling chassis - this seems like a good starting place as I'd like to get some beadlocks so I could reuse them and swap them out with different tires. Also, I can use some items I already have on hand (servo's, ESC's) but I really should get a decent motor for this machine. As far as the body goes, I'm not wild about most short course bodies but what else will fit a Slash?

I'm in the process of figuring out "must have mod's" . . . that can of worms was opened years ago so, I'll do some more research. I'll probably use the standard "buy OEM now and replace when it breaks" procedure - even though I'll spend more time on the bench in the long run, taking a few months to invest in parts will make the financial pain seem less painful (ha).

Thanks

Facerolla likes this.
  2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

lol me again ... the ultimate i drove has the lcg chassis ..( i have not driven the standard chassis).. for bash proofing get RPM brand A arms hubs and knuckles ... also RPM bumpers .... and if you beak a link RPM has the plastic part of them also ...
    There stuff is the toughest plastic on the market and is lifetime guaranteed
    the 2wd uses bearing fitted rims on the front and 12mm hex on the rear .
    the 4wd is 12mm hex all the way around
    .body options http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-line-Ra...030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fa21978e
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JConcepts-0...214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed14e8b3e
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Ch...488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd49b580
    [​IMG]
    from experience the Proline bodies are the way to go . they are much tougher than the J consepts

#2 Y2daT, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Red Sand

Red Sand New Member

Thanks - I realize the pros & cons of 2WD vs. 4WD

I'm leaning towards a 4WD chassis via eBay that comes w/RPM arms and then fitting it with some nice tires/wheels, body, & blah, blah, blah . . . should be fun! :)

4. Red Sand

Red Sand New Member

I'm going to have to go with the Chevy body (red one in photo above)

If I got a Slash 4WD roller, would this (really inexpensive) ESC & motor work okay?

Duratrax 3900kV Brushless System --> LINK

Thanks

#5 Red Sand, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  5. Red Sand

Red Sand New Member

I ended up getting a 2WD brushless Slash - woo hoo!

Proline Trenchers all around - sort of a bug-based body - woo hoo!

[​IMG]

#6 Red Sand, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. Red Sand

Red Sand New Member

I also picked up a brushless Blitz today - added some trenchers, body, and steering link upgrade

My goal is to figure out which truck will be faster and then let my wife have the slow one when we race

Woo hoo!
    :)