1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slash V Yeti score

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by soup, Apr 20, 2017.

1. soup

soup Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Am thinking about my next buggy (the XL needs a tad to much space so am fairly limited on where I can bash it proerly) . And it's a toss up between one of the 4wd Slashes (probably the Platinum) and the Yeti SCORE, now the Slash is modeled on a short course truck and the SCORE is modeled on a trophy truck .
    Does this translate into driving style or are they both competant bashers ?
    Axial spares support sucks is Traxxas as bad?
    Do either of these machines require hop-ups out the box (I remember the XL needed a metal Ackerman even before it was run)?

Thoughts, suggestions, experiences, all welcome.

sweet rc likes this.
  2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    I have to give this one to traxxas. the 4x4 slash platinum is one hell of a bashing beast. the yeti score is just another yeti. with a truck body mounted. its better for a scale look.
    the slash will take a beating and were made for bashing. If anything breaks then replace it with RPM plastic parts. stay away from aluminum on a basher.

side note.... are you asking this question for every single type of rc you can think of? lol
    its fine and all but maybe you need to figure out what it is you actually want to do.
    speaking from experience you will have lots of time down the road for a new rig.
    Ive got almost 50 lol

sweet rc likes this.
  3. soup

soup Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Not going to buy one of everything (What a problem to have . Which RC shall I run today). But I am looking about. just have a tendency to post every time I think "Ah what about..." rather than post the next day after some reflection.

Have sort of decided 4 wheel drive, basher, electric, kit.
    IMHO Nitro is too finicky for regular use (and Gasoline is very restricted), there isn't a lot of people in my area 'doing'RC so no racing (don't fancy that anyway), i know 2wd is cheaper to buy and maintain but I prefer the 'engineered; approach of 4wd, I much prefer the building it aspect than getting it ready to go out the box.

The 'normal' Slashes are RTR so that is them out, but the platinum version has a BIT of construction and painting the shell so is only just out of the RTR category, hence on the short list (of one at the mo').

4. Thomas Moffat

Thomas Moffat Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The Slash 4x4 even in its RTR form is one of the best and most durable bashers in the 1:10 scale market.
    The Losi TEN-SCTE is a good alternative.

5. sweet rc

sweet rc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I would go with the Slash... It is strong and a beast!
    The Yeti Score is decent for bashing, but it has more points of failure, not nearly as fast, but will have better handling
    The SCTE series are good trucks, but they are aimed more for racing, being light weight, plenty of aluminum out of the box, and amazing handling...

For what you want a good slash 4x4 vxl is the best way to go... The best way would be to build one off of ebay... You can start out with some upgrades, and you can build it to how you want it... I did this and I have a beast for a truck.
    Here's the chassis I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Sla...899856?hash=item3adffb6d50:g:VBkAAOSw37tWA8ZU
    When doing this you can have a custom truck for alot cheaper than buying a truck then adding the custom parts.