1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So ive had an idea and would like some Feedback on it.

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Shiivu, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Shiivu

Shiivu New Member

I have a Hobao/Ofna Pirate MT Sport. Im rarther sick of nitros atm seen as i basically get 5mins before the engine quits on me. I was thinking if it would be possible to convert it to brushless. I know I would probably have to buy parts that arnt made for it and make it custom to the chassis. But my main concern is if the diffs will hold the front and back or will I need to buy new ones? I plan on putting this in it https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbyw...-combo-with-twin-deans/rc-car-products/397267. I Would like feedback on if this would be enough to power the car and make it fast as I know its rarther heavy and not got much experience with electric cars. The only reason im wanting to do this is due to engine problems and that i droves someones electric rc which is a rather cheapish one that runs on 2s but blimey is it fast. And i love how its all fun and no messing with it haha. Would there be anything else I would have to buy. And thanks for the help its really appriciated.

2. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    May take some fabricating but... It's possible I'm sure.

3. Shiivu

Shiivu New Member

Yeah i thought it would take some work to get it together but would the motor combo be enough?

4. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I mean, I don't see why not. The XMAX is HUGE and it's electric. Once you strip the engine and all those parts, there shouldn't be much weight left to the rig.

5. Shiivu

Shiivu New Member

Thanks alot. Do you think the diffs will live or am i better getting different ones. And am i able to mix and match parts if im willing to drill into the chassis? Like use different brand parts? make it fully custom

6. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Member