1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to be VERY Custom.

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by h2rac3r, Apr 15, 2017.

1. h2rac3r

h2rac3r Well-Known Member

Buuuuuut.... How should I paint my body? I want to rattle can it but I think my paint scheme would be to complex. And what should I do for pristine lines. Just painters tape it? And the total amount of money to be spent on my 2wd Slash will be over 1100 dollars. Everything on my Slash will be replaced at one point or another. And a quick question. Can I put a Traxxas MXL-6S on a 2wd Slash instead of a VXL?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

2. soup

soup Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Very little is beyond rattle cans.
    [​IMG]

Try liquid mask, once dried it is easily cut with a scalpel/modeling knife blade.

Bit of a Youtube/RC celebrity but Hemistorm has quite a few videos out there about using rattle cans for quite intricate paint jobs.

He used to use masking tape all the time but now he uses liquid mask

NEVER, NEVER try to paint a decent body to a deadline, take your time with it if you feel it starting to be a chore go for a walk or a coffee or even leave it for a while take your time and enjoy it you will get a much better job.

#2 soup, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Ascender'nMN84 and walter like this.
  3. h2rac3r

I am gonna take the time. I gotta be patient or else I gonna screw it up. And I always have to wait for parts so I'm used to it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. h2rac3r

Thank you for the advice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk