1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stampede Beadlocks

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Aidan Hecker, May 19, 2016.

1. Aidan Hecker

Aidan Hecker Member

Media:
    Anyone Know some links for stampede 2wd bead locks I would like to keep the original tire width and maybe put some proline mashers on them. Thanks

2. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don't have a link but I'm pretty sure Traxxas makes beadlocks in a few different colors - I believe they are meant for the summit wheels

Sent from my latest, greatest, better-than-what-you've-got, Cupertino-based, handheld Apple supercomputer

3. mudholestomper

ELiTE MEMBER

Also, I'm curious why you want to put beadlocks on a slash - with mashers, they aren't necessary and beadlocks wheels are usually a good bit heavier than a standard nylon one piece wheel

Not criticizing, just curious

Sent from my latest, greatest, better-than-what-you've-got, Cupertino-based, handheld Apple supercomputer

4. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    if he is talking about 2.8" beadlocks, they do make a set, but they are full alloy wheels, which would be very heavy, I really don't see any benefit to running beadlocks on a 2wd truck as all that can happen is the beadlocks will blow out with bl power. They make these, although, I would just stick to gluing the tires to the plastic wheels, and then boiling them off when its time for removal. https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8970071-2-8-beadlock-aluminum-wheel

I would go buy some nice J-concepts rulux rims for the pede they are plastic glue rims, but they are white so I could see people dying them with rit dye all sorts of colors

Seriously tho, glued will hold up to bl power much better than a beadlock for super high wheel speed applications

5. {RC-TraX} LjL23

{RC-TraX} LjL23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hello! Sorry I am a bit late and I just saw this thread! I actually have some 2.8 mashers (not on beadlocks tho) but I'll tell you they are great tires. They rip across terrain and if you live where it snows, then they are also excellent there too. Great buy for me, worth every penny!

6. mudholestomper

ELiTE MEMBER

@Spence123

I agree with both your thoughts on using a one piece lightweight nylon wheel with the tire glued to the wheel, as well as your glowing opinion of the proline mashers

beadlocks are designed to be a stable, durable tire mounting platform that resists very soft carcass tires from pulling away from the wheel when the sidewall of the tire is frequently forced into action under high torque, slow speed situations - in other words, they are crawler wheels

Like you said, if beadlocks are employed in a high speed brushless bashing situation, with a smaller, more rigid carcass tire, the beadlocks will not hold the tire on the wheel

I built two heavily upgraded stampede 4x4 vxls for my two boys and both trucks have proline desperado wheels - one truck has trenchers and they are definitely great, do it all tires that perform on every surface…so much so that, if not for the weight, I'd be willing to use them in a race environment

The other truck has mashers and, besides just plain looking badass on a monster truck, they also perform admirably in all conditions - however, they have less overall traction than the trenchers and, as a result, are more enjoyable in general

I'm not sure how to explain it exactly, but the subtle traction difference, particularly in that they have less side bite than the trenchers, allows the truck to have a bit more "fun factor", less seriousness to the driving experience and they allow the monster truck to act more like you'd want and expect a monster truck to act

(hope that makes at least a little bit of sense )