1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stampede Slipper Adjustment

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Aidan Hecker, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Aidan Hecker

Aidan Hecker Member

Media:
    Hello, I recently got a 2wd traxxas stampede XL-5 and I rebuilt the transmission because the spur gear was stripped, and I drove it today, and it seemed different, both with sound and the way it drove. I don't know the correct position to put the slipper in, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help, as I am very new to this. Everything on the truck is stock except for chains on the back tires I built for it. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

if you snug the slipper down , then back it off a turn and test it with out the cover . a perfect setting is to make it slip just before the motor locks if you hold the wheels from moving ... once satisfied put the cover back on ... while you have the cover off double check the mesh between the pinion and spur gear ..
    if the slipper is too lose you will hear it squeal when you throttle up ....

3. Aidan Hecker

Aidan Hecker Member

Media:
    It was squealing pretty bad, i tightened it all the way, then back a quarter turn, it sounds normal, and the response is there, I think was able to fix it, thanks
    very much for the help.

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yep have fun