1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay Tuned : It is happening Soon...

Discussion in 'Captains Lounge' started by Magnat007, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have just spent the last few weeks getting the Monster Aquajet's electronics sorted. *(Stuck the reciever into rice for a week... Its good as new)

I had trouble with the ESC... I forgot the Schottky Diode was fitted to the motor so it couldn't do reverse and was wondering why the motor didn't work..
    re-tuned my controller and trimmed the rudder and its Nearly ready to go.
    Just have to wait untill the weather gets warmer to release it.

I don't expect the Vid to be epic or crazy infact I will be happy if it moves for 10 mins without the flex shaft snapping off... A Size 700 Motor has alotta torque... I have moved the motor forward but this itself has left me with a few suspected issues... like the motor dislodging when it turns... Not sure... but we will see...
    So it will happen soon... I just have to wait...

2. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I am going to cry :angry:

Got everything ready..Put the boat in the water... and BAAM the grub screw holding the Flex shaft to the motor let go... shot clean out of the hull and dissapeared into the water.... So I have to now find a New Grub screw... this Boat is the greatest lemon I have ever invested money into...
    It leaks if the boat is not moving.. So if it is motionless then it starts to fill with water... luckily there is enough foam in the bow to support its 5 kg weight..
    I have to be the most determined S.O.B on the planet as I am sure lesser people would have ejected it into the blue yonder by now..

To make matters worse... I had to use the rescue boat... which was lucky as the damned thing just sat in the middle of the creek..

You can see my NQD Turbo Jet in a Vid I will post up soon..

3. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Worked a little more on the monster... Found out the boat can run on 7.2V if I desire... but it will be half as fast and most likely will not plane...
    I have filed a bigger flat spot on the motor pole and found a replacement grub screw... I have now tested and taped the grub screws into position to stop them from ejecting out again... in 2 days I will try and run it again !!!

4. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wow man, Thats determination there lol.. Hope everything goes ok and you get that bad boy running!! Good Luck!!

5. Magnat007

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    SUCESSS!!!!

Today I got to run it and had a few mates as spectators.... This boat really needs a BIG body of water to run on....
    My Mate Shot the footage... another mate played Boat rescuer in the FREEZING water..
    I have great friends but sadly they are not heavy into rc boats...

See the Boat Vids Section as it will be loaded onto youtube shortly !