1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steering

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by roberty, Aug 5, 2018.

1. roberty

roberty New Member

hi, am new to this site, i would like to know how to repair steering problems with rc sailboat, the problem is the steering won't respond to controller, but the sail servo is alright and does respond, could anyone repomend a solution pls. thanks alot

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the forums! Have you tried plugging in the steering servo into the throttle port on the receiver, and checking if it has full range of motion? Are the endpoints or dual rates on your radio setup correctly? What model boat is it?

3. roberty

roberty New Member

it is a force 26o catamaran sailboat, a little new to all this problem solving, not tried those possible solutions, pardon my ignorance, how do you plug in steering servo to throttle port, i would assume that instead of throttle port i would use the plug for the sail boom movement, how do you check if the endpoints or dual rates are set up correctly, it was just odd as one second it was all working and the next it wasn't outside of the water.many thanks and looking forward to your response..

4. roberty

roberty New Member

i am hoping that i am not posting reply again, as previous reply to post seems to have disappeared, it is a force 260 catamaran, i am new to troubleshooting, i haven't because one second it was working the next it wasn't, how do you plug in steering servo to sail boom servo, i would assume that this would be in place of the throttle servo in your proposed solution, and how would i check if the endpoints and dual rates a correctly set up on the radio?

5. Antho11

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I can’t seem to find any info on the sailboat. Is it hobby grade? Can you post a link of it or something.

6. roberty

roberty New Member

Sorry, i wouldn't call it hobby grade just plastic toy rc bought on amazon. ready to run with 4 channel 2.4 ghz radio. if you look on amazon you might find it on there. the best i can do, sorry not much more help than this. it probably may just need new batteries to run all channels, although my batteries are fairly new with enough power to run the sail boom winch, could this be enough of a reason for just the sail winch to run possibly? Furthermore it is only about thirty or forty cm. long. hope this helps

7. Antho11

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You can try some fresh batteries.

8. roberty

roberty New Member

thanks i tried new batteries, it must be the servo or reciever, what do you think?

9. Max Blackman

Max Blackman Active Member