1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streetstock

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by cyanide, Dec 4, 2011.

1. 1330

1330 Member

Oh my god that is siiiiiiiiick! Ive seen a few of these cars before but none were ever done this well! Lots used those cheap thin tin cooking sheets... I might have to try this one day!!!

Awesome skills man!

2. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

thats a sweet rig man love the metal work youve done its to bad the chevy cant be used any more cause its a sweet lookin rig to even when its all banged up it still looked amazing. very nice job on both bodies and i really hope u can post a vid of the races they sound like alot of fun crashing n bashing

3. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

after seeing this thread and the pics or your car i just had to see these things in action so i looked up rc streetstock and got a lits of different events and races/ these cars are awsome and tuff little rigs to thers alot of crashin n bashin goin on in these races and i love it. nice work on ur chevy man its the nicest one ive seen out of all the vids i watched

4. cyanide

cyanide Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thank you jenkins23, they are fun to race. You can choose to run for points or just beat on other cars, it is a laugh. I enjoy panel beating them between race meets as well.

5. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    For a long time I've wanted to paint a car with classic hotrod flames, so I thought I'd give it try with this car.
    Lacking an airbrush, or airbrushing skills, I decided to use standard spreycans and masking.
    It turned out better than I thought it would. Here are some pictures of how I did it, I hope that fellow RC'ers may find it helpful.

After a qwick sanding and primer, I did a base coat of white, then within 15 minutes of each other, a strip of yellow, a strip of orange, and a strip of red. Then I left it to dry for a day.
    Tip: although a modern day scurge, plastic shopping bags are great for masking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#25 cyanide, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Next I use a box from Hells pizza, it had flames printed on the box, so I cut them out and used it as a stencial. I taped masking tape to a sheet of glass in a shape that would rap the car and using the pizzabox stencial, drew the flames on it, cut it out with a blade and transfered it to the body to create the flame mask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once all masked off I then did the black coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Then the hardest part. Waiting for it to dry before I could safely peel of the masking to see if it worked out ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took about 3 days including the prep and priming. It pays to be patient when painting.
    I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
    Next will be numbering and decals.

#27 cyanide, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  8. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    CCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL
    that sic man!!! sweet as a nut job man!!!!!!
    wow, can't wait for a vid of that little sucker kicken it man!!!!! thats off the hook sweet.

:on fire::evilish::in love::yo !::eyes on fire::want:

9. scoe

scoe New Member

yo, cyanide, that streetie is looking wicked man. I cannot wait to beat on it on the track! dibs on the first dent.

10. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

man i have to say for no airbrush your not lacking any skills that looks amazing u did an exceptional job and im looking forward to seeing it in action please let us know when its first race is and hopfully someone brings a vid camera again awsome job

11. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thank you for the compliments guys.
    Well, it is finished now. For what is basicly a pan bent box painted up like a $20 whore it looks pretty darn cool I rekcon. I still need to get a new 540 to put in it for the race season.

I will try and get some video of it's first race for you guys, which will be at a car show in Feb I think it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scoe, you are gonna have to fight to get to it, you know the fresh paint always gets the most attention on the track :sweat: (scoes car is the beat up HX Holden in the back ground of photo).

12. supersavage

supersavage Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thats really cool can't wait to see it run.
    :in love:

13. gabehunt

gabehunt Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

oh yea, this is bad to the bone. paint and body looks killer, does it make you cringe when you get the first dent? haha i love this thing, we need some video and fast! its an addiction.

14. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

.....................................................................:O_O:

DUDE OFF THE HOOK, that is sweet, fully sic sub woofer LOL!!!!!!!!
    oh man, you gotta get some vid's of that beasty on the track!!!!!

15. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thank you guys. I really enjoy making these.

I don't cringe so much these days gabehunt, I usally do have a few people say "NO! it is a waste to wreck it!" when I first put them to work on the track (I did with the chev), but the real shame would be to perpose build a car and then just sit it on a shelf.
    I do feel a little bad about wrecking them, but it is a bad idea to be precious about your car if running in a contact class. I am a bit of a vandel at heart, I love car wrecks, I can't help it.
    If I brought something like this, I donno if I could wreck it, but becasue they are homebuilt, I don't feel too bad about it.

16. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

your car is looking awsome man are you trying for a rollsroyce or lincon look??? what make and model is this body?? i cant beleive ive never seen or heard of the amazing custom rigs man they are truly a work of are and they look just like a real banger car. i love it what do you do with the bodies after they are totaled?? i hope you dont trash them i think they would make exelent decor in a man cave or garage hangin on the wall or something.

#36 jenkins23, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  17. cyanide

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    This car is a generic sedan. Not modeled on a particular car like the Chev was. Makes it heaps quicker because however it looks, it's ok, because it is not ment to look just like car X.
    To me it looks a bit like a Lincoln from the front, a Pontiac from the back, yet I have Chevorlet stickers on it :sweat:.

When they are getting buggered from metal fatigue I retire them to the shelf with their trophies (if any) as static models. To some people they may look like junk when wrecked, but to me the damage is earned and it tells a story of the cars short life and it kinda has a beauty of its own I rekcon.

#37 cyanide, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  18. gabehunt

gabehunt Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

man i would do the same, it has earned its scars, and deserves to be appreciated.

i just watched some of your old videos, and they are awesome.

when can we expect some videos from the new season? im pumped to see them.

19. jenkins23

ELiTE MEMBER

thats awsome man ide definatly hang on to them and when ther all banged up they just all the more character. the more war stories the better.

20. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

INCEDIBLE! Great work truly great. Love the paint job. Reminds me of something you would see on a 55 Chev. I hope to see video of this out there on the track.

I was so pleased with this thread of yours, I made it an Article awhile ago and I just updated the article for this build.

Very well done, very impressed with your skill.

Want to check out the article you can here,

http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/articles/245-streetstock.html