1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTORS summit needs a new esc

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by imtowman, Feb 28, 2012.

?

replace EVX-2 or brushless?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
  1. replace EVX-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. put $ towards mamba monster

50.0%
  3. Other leave post with your thoughts

50.0%
  1. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

I burned up the ESC in the summit last week. Apparently the EVX-2 cant handle 6S for long. I'm thinking either just replace it of put the money towards a Mamba monster system or anything else you guys can think of.

Thanks for your input!

Mike

#1 imtowman, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

Since the EVX-2 is only designed for 16.8V on NIMH < aka dual 7 cell> im surprised it last at ALL on 6S... for the money youd spend on an EVX-2... go to Holmes Hobbies and get one of thier Torque Master BR-XL's wiuth the Epoxy Waterproofing. Its 6S capable, Brushed motors, and can be wired for dual motors.. AND programmable Drag Brake as a bonus...

3. MaxxPain

MaxxPain Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would buy an RX8 system over the MMM, they are way smoother. There is a nice video on youtube showing some small crawling with a summit with a MMM and it shuttered and cogged enough to make it hard to do any slow stuff, but the RX8 setup was butter smooth. Homles esc is too small. Its basically a sidewinder.

4. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER