1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SY-2: Chinese 1/16 Slask clone

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by bubu90, Apr 12, 2014.

1. bubu90

bubu90 New Member

Hi guys!

So while I was browsing endlessly on the net I have stumbled upon a 1/16th scale short course truck called the Syaheli SY-2. There is not much about it online, no reviews, just some pics and one or two videos.
    Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I could get it for around a 100 dollars, which is a little tempting. Do you think it would worth a try? May it has interchangeable parts with the Traxxas Slash?
    Oh and here's the video, it seems pretty quick :)
    [video=youtube;BU1We56d2R4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1We56d2R4[/video]

Thanks!

#1 bubu90, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    cool lookin truck. I wonder how good the plastic is.

id try it. but what about replacement parts. can you find them anywhere before you buy it. I know the 1?16 traxxas chassis top to bottom. its layed out the same. but nothing there looks like it would interchange but the shocks. maybe the wheels but who knows.

#2 00whynot, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  3. bubu90

bubu90 New Member

Yep, replacement parts are my main concern. I've found one ebay seller who claims that he can get any part on request but other than that nothing much. It would have been so cool to just get Slash parts, they are easier to get, but that dream is over. :)