1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamiya cc 01 troubles

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Sethhh, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Sethhh

Sethhh Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i see now. i dont know if the teeth were already like that, or if this caused it to do that, but what it is, is that the gears get off just by the slightest bit and the teeth hit at the top, rather than in the grooves, which causes the loud noise because it rubs and pushes out. thats why it kept pulling the diff apart. so what do i need to do? get a new gear for the driveshaft..?

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I think that one will work ,just put a shim on the axle to move the gears closer togather

3. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]

heres what it is together. and where will the shim need to go..?

4. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

on the right , putting bearings in it will help also . it looks like you will need to put a short spacer between the bearing and diff on the right side of your pic.

5. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

yeah im gonna order a set of bearings soon. just cant afford to buy everything all at once haha and alright. thanks for the tip

6. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

hope you get it going soon

7. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

i have been thinking about this. i understand what you said to do, but the bushing/bearing are not connected to the axle. they slide on it. so how would a spacer next to the bushing/bearing keep the diff pushed in..? the axle can still slide..

8. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

it needs to make contact with the bearing and the diff to hold the gears closer together.

#48 walter, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  9. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

would it also work if i put one at the bearing from the driveshaft? because that bearing is actually pushing the gear forward. and putting a washer there makes more sense to me in that it would actually push the gear farther forward so that it meshes with the diff teeth better..

10. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

it cant hert to try , if you get the gear mesh closer it should work. When you get some bearings you probly wont need shims ,I am thinking the plastice bushing have worn enuf to let the gears slip over. For the rear axle you need 5 5x11 and one 5x8 mm. it would be a good idea to get new gears also.

11. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

yeah, now that makes sense. i guess the bearings hold tight on the axle. these bushings slide around. now what you said initially makes sense lol

12. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

i have tried using the washers or shims whatever all different way and it doesnt do anything because the differential itself is what moves. you can pull each side of the axle in or out and it does nothing. the diff slides back and forth. the gears holding the axle to it are in good condition. but how can i get the diff to keep from sliding..? add more grease.?

13. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

for a quick fix while waiting on shipping, i put both sides of the axle into the diff with loctite on them. worked pretty well actually. however, it only lasted for two days. i have bearings on the way, but im curious. in the case that even the bearings dont hold the axles at the right position to keep the diff in place, could i use loctite on the hole of the bearing that the axle will go through to ensure a tight fit on the axle..? because the bearing spins inside of itself, unlike the bushing that doesnt move at all..

just a thought. may be dumb, may work well. let me know what you think. and again, i may not even have to. the bearings may fit snug enough like they are.

14. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

The bearing should hold it

15. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

sweet. cant wait to get them lol shipping sucks. especially from shanghai :omg:

16. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

`I order from tower hobbies , 1 week is the longest a order has taken to get to me. Ordered this on a thursday got it the next tusday
    [​IMG]

17. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

sweet. ive looked on there. usually get what i can find the cheapest price though lol but im pretty stoked. just ordered an scx10 chassis. gonna be a slooooooww but fun build ha gotta buy parts for that one a lot slower. ive run out of money at the moment :disappearing:

18. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

I found this and think it may help you
    [​IMG]

19. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

hmm. that is helpful. if my bearings would ever get here though :omg:

20. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

after looking at this picture and taking mine back apart, i realized that i dont have the pinned gear locker thing. the three holes around my diff are open. the picture has that piece in there. and i was looking again and the diff casing moves around the inside piece. so the work i have done to hold the axle pieces has worked fine. but the inside moves because that three point pin locker isnt in there. i dont have one though and i cant seem to find one anywhere. would any of the tamiya ones fit in it..? the bearings should help, but i think that is more so my issue