1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamiya cc 01 troubles

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Sethhh, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Slowrunner

Slowrunner New Member

Walter, thanks for that pic, managed to track down the thread it was posted in and decided to check my Mu's axle, sure enough, it was a little sloppy so delved into the parts bags and threw the spare bearings in. Could still do with a washer between the e-clip and larger bearing on the pinion shaft though I think.

Sethh, the 3 pin spider is the same as the one in the front diff, which is used throughout the Tamiya range so far as I'm aware of.

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I dont think the star shaped part is needed but I would rather have it in there

TowerHobbies.com | Tamiya Differential Bevel Gear Set 49/84 its in this set

#62 walter, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  3. Sethhh

Sethhh Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

so that three pin thing is universal in Tamiya parts..? because i think that has probably been my issue all along

4. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

Tamiya uses that gear set in a lot of cars . the three pins is where the three small gears go , in my manual for the cc01 it is not used when you use the 2 plastic parts to lock the rear but I put it in anyway like the pic in post 14 I think.

5. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

alright thanks

6. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

its just very very frustrating because i only have front wheel drive and the rear wheels do absolutely NOTHING! but make a loud click and strip the metal gear teeth. so i cant really drive it. just really hope the bearings will do it. but i dont think that is the issue. because i have both parts of the axle secured and stationary. while the outside of the diff moves on top of the inner gears which is what i need to be stable

7. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

alrighty. update. so i got my bearings and got them all put in and it seems to do a lot better. rear diff seems to be working better. but now i have another issue. never had this before. it drives with all four wheels but when i let off the throttle it automatically brakes. drag brake im guessing. but why is it going full power? i just installed the new radio and receiver so im sure its something i have missed. should i have reset the esc when i changed to a new receiver? i have the drag brag completely off on the radio. and NO. its not the battery because i just charged it. but i can drive like two feet and it just stops. its like the brake is constantly being applied.

8. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

the motor has a pretty strong burning smell and is very hot, while i only attempted to drive it for a minute or less..

9. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Sounds like there is a bind in the transmission somewhere... I would pull the WHOLE thing apart and reassemble making sure I can turn things by hand..

I really must insist on seeing a Video of this issue so I can diagnose just what is going on...

10. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

i have a theory. i took everything apart the put the bearings in. what it looked like when i took the tranny cover off was that the pinion gear is too close to the spur gear and its locking up. although it will still spin that way. however. i did take the front diff apart. i didnt remember how it went in but i dont think it has to be a certain direction, the way the gears are inside. does it have to go a certain way..?

11. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

wow i feel stupid. i had the caps reversed on the spur gear rod so it was pushed against the chassis. problem solved though!:yuush:

12. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

Thats not hard to do . keep us updated.

13. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

guess it just doesnt end lol took her out for a spin annnnnd. my steering keeps getting off. i have no idea how because i have the screws in with loctite and i have reset it probably five or six times now. plus the fact that the wheels are not parallel with the body. they angle outward. anywho. still no rear wheel drive and this time. the cvd driveshaft came off..

14. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

where did you use the loctite?

15. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

to hold the screws into the three pieces of the steering linkage. basically the only part of the steering that doesnt have it are the actual links and then the servo horn. but the horn has been on so tight i almost strip the screw. when i first got it, it kept coming undone so i decided to make sure it wouldnt come loose and it hasnt. the only thing i can think of the straighten the wheels up is mess around with the linkages going to the knuckles. but i have no idea about the alignment throw off every time i drive it. and i have no idea what to do about the rear diff.

16. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

I am looking at mine and the manual, looking at the steering . Loctite should not be used on plastic parts . see if the vertical part that goes to the linkages is not slipping on the lower part (b9) and (b11). For the read diff take it apart an take some pics and post them , take pics of the locking parts and the side gears. Check the horn on the servo to make shure it is the right one for that servo. When I think of something more I willl post it

17. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

i replaced the plastic steering parts with aluminum

18. Sethhh

ELiTE MEMBER

forgot about the picture posted before. i put two of the smaller metal rings in between the diff and the first bearing and it still moves a little bit but it stops juuuust before it gets out of gear meshing.

19. walter

ELiTE MEMBER

try putting 1 large and 1 small like the pic . on your front tires are they pointing one to the right and one to the left? If they are ajust the links so they are bouth pointing strait ahead