1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamiya XV-01 pro Mitsubishi Evo X

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by Stitch, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Hi there, my Cup Racer is getting a bit worn and I wanted something I could use off-road. Long story short, I bought a Tamiya XV-01, some Yeah-Racing aluminium upgrades and brake discs. Other aluminium upgrades are in the mail and should be here any day now. What's missing is the electronics, still trying to find a retailer of Castle Creations products here in Sweden. Until then, here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stitch

Stitch New Member

3. bbwolf

bbwolf Guest

Looking real nice. I have always liked how tamiya puts a lot of detail in the kits they put out.

4. Stitch

Stitch New Member

Thanks, and I can do nothing but agree with you bbwolf. I like the HPI kits, but I don't like that the bodies always end up so low to the ground. The cars kinda look elongated and wrong, whereas the Tamiya kits look more scale and less cartoony.

5. bbwolf

bbwolf Guest

Just like when Tamiya did the Clod, it was the first of its kind, and it looked pretty dang close to the real thing, and then every one followed.

6. MrRcFanatik

MrRcFanatik Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice man!!! :) Looks killer, and I love how you sprayed it flat-black from the outside! All those little touches just make it your own, and I really love what you've done!

Can't wait to see more!

7. tdog2

tdog2 New Member

nice car man wish I could build one like that:)

8. rcspike

rcspike Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

sweet ride dude. it looks kinda awkward sitting up so high but you need the ground clearance right?

9. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Love it man. Evo's are sweet and I love the looks of that with the flat black. In my opinion she looks like she's at the perfect ride height. I have been looking into a drift/on road/rally car and I love the ride height of yours so I may have to go that direction! Looks great man!